Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been cleaning out the barn in preparation for a move and found the following object in a box that had some Alfa parts. While it may have nothing to do with Alfa, I thought I'd post it in case someone recognizes it and can tell me what it does.

~jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,630 Posts
It looks like a tool used to hold a toothed pulley and keep it from rotating, a much smaller version of the tool used to grab a flywheel tooth and keep it from turning. It was made to fit two different diameters of pulley. Nothing that I recognize from messing with early (pre '75) Alfas but maybe for the cam pulleys on a V6?

·
Push hard and live
11,118 Posts
Called a "spanner" and as noted, use to grip externally-toothed nuts. Commonly used on various aircraft components. Might fit the rear axle bearing retaining nut on an Alfa.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
It's a pin wrench. Various tools use this to hold the shaft so that disks or bits can be changed.
Not an Alfa tool.

·
Registered
it's almost a alfa romeo spider
11,002 Posts
looks like an old bottom braket tool for bicyles..

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
is there a prize for this?:):) question, could you flip it over, might be writing on it

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alas, there is nothing printed on the opposite side. But, given some of the creative answers I received I should have offered a prize. Then again, given all the diverse answers, it's obvious this little gem needs to be placed alongside the duct tape, hammer, and vise-grip in my toolbox for Alfa emergencies.

Thanks for all the responses, but I need Tifosi to translate FN FAL...

~jim

·
Registered
11,002 Posts
................................cookies......:):)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts