Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if this is the best place for this but I am wondering if anyone else would be interested in Weber/Euro manifold conversion linkage?

I have one Euro manifold and the original bell-crank that bolts to the bottom of the manifold.
The trouble with this setup is that,
A. Those bell-crank linkage pieces are much harder to find than the manifolds.
B. That is not the only hard to get part needed!
The firewall linkage is also different (Push instead of pull) and probably the hardest part to find as well as a PITA to install.

Looking at what I have I see no reason why the bell-crank linkage cannot be made a little differently to work with the standard SPICA throttle linkage.
New custom bell-crank and longer cable should work fine.
Probably making one for my own use, can make more if there is interest.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Centerline sells a bell crank Weber linkage. I bought it and it is built like a tank.. Are you asking about a SPICA or Weber linkage?

·
Premium Member
15,009 Posts
you can use an S3 pedal assembly with Webers and I second the advice to use a Centerline bell crank.

·
Premium Member
5,856 Posts
I'll 3rd the centerline crank. Beautiful workmanship sadly hidden below the carbs.

When swapping to carbs, if I have the motor out I always swap out the spica accelerator rod for the euro unit but I'm not sure it's possible to get out with the motor in. In which case you'd have to go with some above carb cabling/bellcrank system. Interested to see what you come up with.

But regardless, I've always swapped the spica intake for a native Weber intake which requires replacing the studs. Which is why I end up pulling the motor I guess...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So like most idea's some one has already done it.

Looks like I am swapping manifolds to get the Spider going sooner.
Now that I can point out that the workable linkage is NOT rare maybe I will get a better price.
The Alfa powered kit car will be easier as I do not have to use any Alfa firewall linkage.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The problem with the Alfa bell crank is it wears out and your linkage gets sloppy. The Alfa firewall linkage is not that hard to find if you keep looking on Ebay or are persistant on Alfabb. Guru in the adverts can probably easily find you one for the firewall.

·
Premium Member
861 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pic above is essentially the same as what I am replacing.
I suspect that I will be making my own bell-crank and new cable.
It's pretty easy to use a bell-crank to reverse direction of the linkage.
Seems simpler than dealing with the firewall linkage and the engine still in place.

I will try to get a pic when complete.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And today I found this top mount linkage if there is room for it.
Probably still need a custom cable but nothing else.
DCOE Top Mount Linkage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts