Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Link

I did this over a month span as my mid-term paper, finally got it online. Got an A- best grade on a paper all year. All the other kids did wars, the plague, etc.. :) On my bibliography the first page is just brochures from Alfa looks like.

Alfa Romeo. . ... 155
Alfa Romeo.
Alfa Romeo.
Alfa Romeo.
Alfa Romeo.

and so on , the teacher write " nice work, try to find more primary sources on ALPHA Romeo " glad to know they actually pay attention.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,
I had a lot of fun learning/writing about all that stuff. The "series" thing got annoying real fast. Hardest part was the Thesis :)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Nice work XFT, however, don't be so harsh on the 164. If the 164 is boxy, what is the Milano? The 164 is a very sharp, luxury sedan. As far as the front wheel drive, it makes it an all season car. Would I prefer all wheel drive? Definitely, however, in NY's snow, I'll take front wheel drive over rear. Just look at the 3 and 5 Series BMR's squirm in the snow!!! Also, three important Alfas to add in your report would be the Disco Volante, TZ, and the Stradale.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
generaljimt said:
Nice work XFT, however, don't be so harsh on the 164. If the 164 is boxy, what is the Milano? The 164 is a very sharp, luxury sedan. As far as the front wheel drive, it makes it an all season car. Would I prefer all wheel drive? Definitely, however, in NY's snow, I'll take front wheel drive over rear. Just look at the 3 and 5 Series BMR's squirm in the snow!!! Also, three important Alfas to add in your report would be the Disco Volante, TZ, and the Stradale.
I wanted to emphasize the take-over of FIAT and was running out of time. :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hey XFT, forward your email to [email protected]. Joining the NY chapter is the only real way to enjoy your Alfa. Lots of events and happenings. We'll be doing the Vanderbilt show Aug 17th and we're planning to caravan to Lime Rock. Also looking to schedule a Summer barbeque and we'll be doing a wine tour in the early fall. Hope to see that Milano there. The general.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
generaljimt said:
Hey XFT, forward your email to [email protected]. Joining the NY chapter is the only real way to enjoy your Alfa. Lots of events and happenings. We'll be doing the Vanderbilt show Aug 17th and we're planning to caravan to Lime Rock. Also looking to schedule a Summer barbeque and we'll be doing a wine tour in the early fall. Hope to see that Milano there. The general.
What;s the Vanderbilt show?

My Dad has our AROC membership and we are currently part of the CT Chapter (for LimeRock, or something we;ll get around to eventually)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Snaidy, if you're in NY, then joining the NY club is the only way to get the most out of your Alfa. If you're in Pheonix, might I suggest the Arizona Club. If in New England, the New England Club, etc, etc, etceterini. I think you get it?
XFT, why belong to the CT chapter when you live in NY???????????????? The Vanderbilt show is a car show at the Vanderbilt estate in Huntington. Again, the email will supply details, no spam I promise. The general.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I don't get it. Sure clubs are fun, but joining a club is the only way to get the most out of your Alfa? Ehhh I don't understand.

I get a lot out of my Alfa.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I don't get it. Sure clubs are fun, but joining a club is the only way to get the most out of your Alfa? Ehhh I don't understand.
Surely, what the General means is that being a member of any Alfa club, enhances the enjoyment you get from the car, by getting you in touch with other owners with the same "disease". I am member of an Alfa club, but hasnt attended a meeting yet. Still enjoy the bi-monthly club magazine immensely, and I certainly plan to attend the Classico Registre meeting this month.

Fiat then came and in and gave them a boxy 164 that no one really liked
Erh, well - I really do like my 164.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Honestly, Sniady...no matter what your hobby is, it's a great idea to join the local club! Between the get-togethers, drives, tech-sessions and the sharing of mechanical help, parts and making great friends who share your interest...you really can't go wrong!

Are you against joining an Alfa club for any particular reason?

Since I joined AROC and our local chapter, my cars almost always run well, and when I can't figure something out, there's always someone around to help. In addition, we have some pretty awesome drives in the country and we get to VIR for Alfa Racing that can't be beat!

I would never even consider not being a member...it just wouldn't make any sense!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts