Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,207 Posts
R&T ads listed US TIs at the time at $2995. Maybe different pricing, aside from the conversion rate? Or do you mean TI Super at $3840?
Andrew

·
Registered
499 Posts
Wat motor is this?

I'm uncertain if TI Supers ever came with the SS motor (see photo). How off the mark would I be to think that some TI Supers came with this as an option or is this a typical Alfa Romeo "Hype"...Demo shot.

It intrigues me looking at this, and what if???

Regards

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
The double ignition engine in the picture above was built by Romeo Ferraris and Gianfranco Zanoli of Autosalone Massimo at Milano in mid '63.
It is featured in Auto Italiana 28 and 33/34 that year.
The car was a standard Giulia TI with Borrani wire wheels, it's acceleration was 0-100 km/h in 8.1s, 0-1000m in 29.2s and it reached 203 km/h.
Romeo Ferraris has still a preparation shop in Lombardy, Italy.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hi

This thread seems very old but I have only recently come across it. Though my TI Super details are logged somewhere I don`t see them on your lists, so here are details;

AR*595494*
AR00516*00509*
Prod date 3 Aug 1964
Sale date 16 Sep 1964
Racing history documented elsewhere

This is the original engine; car Autodelta prepped.

Richard

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Olaf,

very interesting and longlasting discussion indeed...don't know if it is still followed up...
I am considering to buy a TI Super for which I got limited historical informations
Regarding your various points raised above the one about the corresponding chassis and engine numbers sounds particular to me
The chassis number is 595165 and the engine number 51600165...
So, it looked as being possible to have both numbers matching...
Whatever I noted that the register you attached has already an engine number 51600165 but registered to a 595154 chassis (car number 14)

have you thoughts to share about this ?

thanks
Guy

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am the owner of 595020. Currently under restoration.
Kind rgds from Roma,
Luca de Angelis Antonelli

21 - 30 of 30 Posts