Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,
I bought last year a 1900 CSS 3rd series form the UK with the VIN 10476. I know that the car has been originally delivered to Auto Koenig in Munich. The person from whom I bought it got it from the US where it must have spent quite some time.
I would be grateful for any hints to previous owners.
Regards,
Matthias

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Ar1900c*10476*

AR1900C*10476* (engine AR1308*10480* and Touring body #5015) lived in California during the 1990's. I don't know all the particulars, and nothing at all about an earlier life. It went apparently from P. Wessel to S. Block and then 1997 to the restorer Nino Epifani in a trade deal involving restoration work on another car.

P. Wessel has been lost to my studies for many years. I saw Steve Block briefly a few days ago. Nino Epifani is still around. I will attempt to ask if anything more is known by either of the latter owners. I may see both near the end of this month? Any precise details from you about more recent ownership history will be welcomed to my studies but I am not going to beg for it. Frankly, it is not that important until someone else asks again in the future. Now that I've shared what little I know, experience suggests I am unlikely to hear anything from future owners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi John,
many thanks for your feedback! The owner from whom I got my 1900 CSS last year is Nigel Shannon of the UK. He bought the car in 2013 from Scott Gauthier of Scottsdale, Arizona. He also has a workshop and according to the information of the seller the car must have been kept in their workshop for about 15 years. I tried to contact Scott but have not received any reply so far. Would be great if you could find out a bit more from Steve Block and/or Nino Epifani.
Thanks & regards,
Matthias

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Epifani and Gauthier

Epifani's shop did some work (perhaps fifteen years ago or more?) on a car or two for Gauthier so this all makes sense on a simple basis of "opportunity".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts