Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
That last picture is not of the new Ferrari (unfortunately). It is a one off built on an Enzo chassis, called the P4/5.

Go to www.FerrariChat.com to find out all about it, owner posts on that site (and owns a few historic Ferraris) :).
Pete

·
Registered
21 Posts
That last picture is not of the new Ferrari (unfortunately). It is a one off built on an Enzo chassis, called the P4/5.

Go to www.FerrariChat.com to find out all about it, owner posts on that site (and owns a few historic Ferraris) :).
Pete
That would be correct. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Kinda disappointed with Alfa & the '08 Historics

Though I had a blast at this year's Monterey Historics, I definitely noticed a downturn in the number of cars from, say 1985, a prior Alfa tribute year.

Very few Alfa's from overseas (no participation by Hayashi, Grist, etc.). Only one T33 (a DNR?), no postwar F1 Alfa's, no 1900's(!), etc. Also, in 1985, the Alfa parade was so choked with Alfa's that the parade was a virtual crawl around the track. I got the feeling that the tribute to Alfa this year was a very last-minute decision...

In any event, back in 1985, Alfa brought 5-6 of their museum cars, some driven by Fangio, Stewart and P. Hill. They has a hospitality tent with lotsa Alfa freebies and autograph sessions, etc. Alfa also brought a few cars to Pebble Beach on the Sunday. Heck, Alfa could've at least brought along an 8C Competizione for demo laps- there was even two ex-Alfa F1 drivers at the track this year to drive one!

I assume that the complete and total lack of participation by Alfa Romeo, S.p.a., in this year's Monterey Historics is another (unfortunate) indicator that their return to the USA is probubaly not a 2009 or even a 2010 event.
Very disappointing...

·
Registered
11,618 Posts
That would be correct. :)
Jim,

That photo on the banking is beaut ... oh, and welcome to AlfaBB. Now you need to get yourself one of those T33's or something :D:D

Love to watch a restoration of one of those puppies!
Pete

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
What a awesome picture of that Ferrari 250 GT SWB and AR battle it out in the twisty's..priceless.

I beleive the AR is a one off "SZ Coda Tronca"..? and not a SZ or TZ. SO cool to see it at the track!!

The SZ eventually slipped by in the twisty bits...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Your observations are indeed correct. My feelings which were confirmed by a friend of mine working for Fiat, S.p.a, tells me that this was very last minute and they had not a lot of heads up other then a few weeks. When AR is ready to re-launch AR back in the USA they will commit marketing money, but this was too soon for them. (Currently AR US pre-US operations are being handeld by Maserati).

It was very nice though and I participated in the drive around. Think of this as a little warm up to 2010/11 :) Anyone have any pictures of the 50 cars in the track run? So fun!

Though I had a blast at this year's Monterey Historics, I definitely noticed a downturn in the number of cars from, say 1985, a prior Alfa tribute year.

Very few Alfa's from overseas (no participation by Hayashi, Grist, etc.). Only one T33 (a DNR?), no postwar F1 Alfa's, no 1900's(!), etc. Also, in 1985, the Alfa parade was so choked with Alfa's that the parade was a virtual crawl around the track. I got the feeling that the tribute to Alfa this year was a very last-minute decision...

In any event, back in 1985, Alfa brought 5-6 of their museum cars, some driven by Fangio, Stewart and P. Hill. They has a hospitality tent with lotsa Alfa freebies and autograph sessions, etc. Alfa also brought a few cars to Pebble Beach on the Sunday. Heck, Alfa could've at least brought along an 8C Competizione for demo laps- there was even two ex-Alfa F1 drivers at the track this year to drive one!

I assume that the complete and total lack of participation by Alfa Romeo, S.p.a., in this year's Monterey Historics is another (unfortunate) indicator that their return to the USA is probubaly not a 2009 or even a 2010 event.
Very disappointing...

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts