Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.l spider 1975 at high revs it is missing it has electronic ignition I checked the timing still a problem could it be the ignition

·
Premium Member
14,028 Posts
High rpm missing is usually an ignition problem . It is unlikely to be a timing problem. Start off by installing new spark plugs and if that doesn't help then replace the distributor cap and rotor and then plug wires if necessary. It could be a problem with your "electronic ignition" or your coil could be on the fritz but they are less likely causes.

·
Richard Jemison
7,394 Posts
If your engine is using a capacitive ignition and your rotor has a carbon conducter in it they will burn out. Particularly with multispark. But burned rotor conductor is evident at all RPMs.
There`s a post in my thread (TechnicaL Questions and Suggestions) on converting the rotors that are only available in resistor types. Such is the case with Marelliplex rotors.

The "High Voltage" resistor type coil & plug wires have a shorter life with and particularly High Energy ignition systems

·
Premium Member
14,028 Posts
Pertronix do not have the best reputation for reliability and different modules have different coil requirements. But check the other stuff first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pertronix do not have the best reputation for reliability and different modules have different coil requirements. But check the other stuff first.
It worked well for3years just started the hesitation at high revs I am checking all you suggested thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts