Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I just biught a 1979 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce about 3 months ago. Everything was going fine with the restoations and it was running great on a 100 mile trip every couple if weeks down to my lake where I spend the summers. But soon after while I was on my way to the lake it began to rev extremely high while i had my clutch depressed. and was even climbing hills in 5th gear!!! This IS NOT good for this car! I pulled over by the side of the road to let the car cool incase it was an over heating problem...after about an hour of sitting in the car with the hood open i decided to resume the trip but it was still doing the same thing! after getting to the lake and letting the car sit overnight the next day the high rpms had stopped....is this something that is a simple fix, or what possibly could be wrong with my dream car ? PLEASE HELP!!!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Sounds like something is keeping the throttle from closing. Could be something physically in the throttle or something is keeping the linkage from returning or the linkage, butterflies, or bell crank is sticking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, so i have checked the throttle and everything seems to be fine with it...nothing is sticking...So now i dont know where to go from here !?!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts