Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there know a high quality ss trim repair shop somewhere in the U.S. west? Thanks Mark

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Mark there are quite a few You-tubes on how to repair such items.. It is a very time consuming process and we know what time costs if you hire it out.. Most of the shops that do this have a playbook.. They hire a teenage metal/tech wizard cheap who works at his own pace when ever a job comes his way. and then the shop bills you out at the shop rate which is a killer. I don't think it is rocket science but bumpers are a whole different ball game where stretching really adds to the complexity.. I wouldn't rule out a tech school in your neighborhood.

·
Push hard and live
11,028 Posts
I'm still touting Art Brass Plating in Seattle. First chrome/polishing vendor I've tried that exceeded my wildest hopes.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Good results from Mirror Image Polishing in Salinas By a fellow BBer Ph 831 757 2627. Reported to have done some work for Monterey Week show cars.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. In the past I have reconditioned several pieces of ss trim, but the work is so tedious and not always up to my standards, so now I would rather pay for the service if it's done right. My problem is the time quoted from my guy to get it done is too far in the future. Don, I have reached out to Art Brass and it might be an option but I now just ordered a pair of 102 spider rocker trim from CA. They said they were of great quality. I will see and report back.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on this.....Being curious, I went ahead and ordered a pair of trim from Classicalfa. I was quite surprised as they are well made and accurate in it's dimensions. The only issue is that they need a final buff to bring out the shine to match the rest of the trim. Also the price is inexpensive and shipping was reasonable.

·
Push hard and live
11,028 Posts
I have found that repro trim for our Touring cars ranges from "WOW!" to "why did you bother".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts