Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for a very high spec twin spark engine for my Gtam tribute build. Would consider a high spec Nord as well.
Maldonado need an ultra close ratio gearbox as well. Someone had said the gentleman’s name that builds amazing boxes. I forgot his name. Any help would be great. Thanks all.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Richard Jemison (AlfaR7) was selling an ultra close box a week or two ago. It may still be available.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Steve Schwitters has been selling ultra close ratio Alfa boxes for 30+ years. He won a SCCA national Championship in a Giulietta (1980?). The original box, that he still sells, used a combination of Giulietta four-speed, and later five speed gears. The ratios are typically 1.99/1.47/1.17/1.00/.85. I have used a couple of these transmissions since 2004, with good luck. I have used a couple of these transmissions since 2004, with good luck. But with the supply of four-speed boxes drying up, he recently designed and had manufactured a run of all-new gear sets. They are much stronger than the original gears, but also lighter. Ratios are 2.04/1.48/1.17/1.00/.87. I have the first box built with this gear set and used it at Road America in September. Worked beautifully! If you really want to go crazy, Steve also builds transmissions with Hewland gears in an Alfa case. they are dog engagement and you can run any ratios you want. These are used in many Alfa’s, but lots of other race cars as well. Pretty sure the F-production spitfire of Steve Sargis that just won the runoffs has one in it!

The marketing department at advanced racing systems is nonexistent! If anyone needs Steve’s contact information, send me a PM.

·
Registered
59 Giulietta Sprint Veloce
1 Posts
I have a Schwitter gear set in my 750 GSV. Fabulous tool for track use, closer than needed on the street. Was thinking of taking it out and selling it, since I'm not tracking the car anymore. It has the 4 speed input shaft, works great with my 1750. Synchros less than 3000 miles from new. Can sell with or without 1600 or 2000 bell housing. I'm in Colorado, prospective buyers are invited to come and try it.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
you are searching for 75/155 TS engine or the classic small angle head on old nord, or 155 head on old nord? several specs possible, depending on racing class. Run a 155 block with special made 75 head (angled intake) with ITBs and DTA ecu myself. (dutch racing series)
tracks you plan to run determine the gearbox and rear axle considering ratios.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts