Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AROSC is holding it’s fall Driving School at the Streets of Willow on September 3 and 4. The School has classes at all levels, including High Performance Street Driving, Novice Time Trials, Advanced Time Trials and Race. It’s a great opportunity for anyone who wants to pickup some new skills or to polish some existing ones.

Our Special Guest Instructor for the weekend will be Rick Knoop. Rick was a regular on the IMSA circuit in the ‘70s and ’80’s driving Porsche 962’s, Mazda-Lola 616s and the like. His most notable wins include the GT1 class at Daytona in 1983 and the C2 class at Le Mans in 1984. He also even spent several seasons racing in the Winston Cup series.

You can download all the details at www.arosc.org.

So who’s going to show up?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
When is the deadline for signing up?
Where do I sign up?

Do we have to find our own motel for the night?

Or should I just drive 96 mins back to my home in San Gabriel Valley?

What time does it start in the morning?

My friend and I are planning to attend the Street Driving Peformance school
Do we need a helmet?

Do we have a more detailed flyer? Thank you! :D :D

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alfa_chan said:
When is the deadline for signing up?
Where do I sign up?

Do we have to find our own motel for the night?

Or should I just drive 96 mins back to my home in San Gabriel Valley?

What time does it start in the morning?

My friend and I are planning to attend the Street Driving Peformance school
Do we need a helmet?

Do we have a more detailed flyer? Thank you! :D :D
Are you having problems downloadng the flyer I directed people to in the 1st post of this thread? It's 8 pages long and answers all your questions. If you are having trouble, PM me with your email address and I'll email the flyer directly to you.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Way to go Giff. If my old girl doesn't break down :rolleyes: maybe you'll get a chance to watch me try to take the door handles off close up :D .
Plenty of liquids and take it easy on the Chinese food Sat night!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I signed up for novice time trial. My brother will be in the Street performance.

We will both be in non-alfas.;)

I just did a track day last sunday, at Streets, to make sure my car was ready for the track. I'm looking forward to the school.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I know it's not right, but I really don't have the cash to go out and buy a car helmet at this time.

Is a Snell 95 rated motorcycle helmet allowed in the Street performance class? :rolleyes:

It's going to be HOT!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Helmet

If it has the M95 sticker somewhere inside it is OK.
Just peel away the foam to find it.
We do have some old, smelly helmets for rent. Let Steve H know you if you need to rent one. We only have so many . .
But your own helmet is the best deal.

And HOT is a relative term. . . . . . .

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Yes, it has M95 on it.

I will be sweating a lot inside that motorcycle helmet.
Maybe I should turn the AC on during school :D

But I should get a car helmet in the near future, shouldn't I? :)

sidewaysalfa said:
If it has the M95 sticker somewhere inside it is OK.

And HOT is a relative term. . . . . . .

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
"I will be sweating a lot inside that motorcycle helmet"

You're so busy and excited when you have the helmet on you don't notice any heat!!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
stocktip88 said:
Just past Willow today 2pm it was 103 degrees!

Is that Willows, CA. or Willow Spings Raceway in Rosamond? Anyway, that's **** hot. The forcast however for this next weekends school is a balmy 94 degrees both days (mid 60's at night). Bring lots of water, sun-screen, and your own shade because there's not a tree anywhere near the "Streets".

·
Registered
2 Posts
geh458 said:
Is that Willows, CA. or Willow Spings Raceway in Rosamond? Anyway, that's **** hot. The forcast however for this next weekends school is a balmy 94 degrees both days (mid 60's at night). Bring lots of water, sun-screen, and your own shade because there's not a tree anywhere near the "Streets".
Nope WSIR! Bring I-C-E !

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'm going to attend this event in the Performance Street class (as I don't have a harness in the car) in my GTV. My GTV had been sitting for 7 months in Colorado until recently. It's now here with me in SoCal and this will be a perfect "tune up" for her after such a long nap. 136 miles from home to the track, two days of spirited driving and then 136 miles home again on Sunday. Perfect!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts