Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning after starting for the 1s time, the high temp light came on and didn't go off until the key was turned off. The engine heated up normally and didn't over heat. Is there a solution beside removing the bulb:)

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,594 Posts
This morning after starting for the 1s time, the high temp light came on and didn't go off until the key was turned off. The engine heated up normally and didn't over heat. Is there a solution beside removing the bulb:)
I would take the small terminal wire off sender by front timing belt cover, clean terminal and blade pin on sender and try again. Also remove black groiund wire bolt from mid housing and clean that grounding point.

OBTW that 91-93 164 sender is unique to just those years. GTV6, Milano and 24v 164 models use different sender that will not work on 91-93 models for red light side.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I have had the same problem on my '91 164 for the last 3 months. I just ignore it since it happens when I start the engine from cold. I also get the low oil level light when it's low by i/2 quart.

·
Premium Member
1991 164L
27,594 Posts
Usually if system just being ornery it will go away when engine warms up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts