Alfa Romeo Forums banner

hidden gem? 1750

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  101/105guy 
#1 ·
I came across a tarped Alpha Romeo 1750 yesterday in the backyard of a place being liquidated.... They didn't know what they had, but they are sure that it is worth 'lots' I am sure it is worth less and a friend that is more into classic cars, albeit Brititch thinks it's worthless.

Maybe I didn't enthuse over it enough......

Putting a value on it is tough to do without my having experience restoring cars, and experience working with Italian vehicles, nor experience with the politics of restauration versus what I would call 'salvage from the ignoble corner of the garbage yard' and repairs as I can.... especially after taking John Stewart' advice for new owners,(get some books and read).

what I saw has had some work done already, (bondo). the interior is a mess. two seat upolstery torn. sterring wheel still there, stick shift seemed lower than many pictures that I saw on the net.... but maybe I missed somethings. roof was dented down (snowloads or vandalism... not sure). didn't see the front end... back chrome bumper was in reasonable shape, tail lights etc.... and the fenders, door that i saw were reasonably intact. I don't know how long since it was running.

any opinions would be appreciated, and points of view around valuing the car as it is, and what it could be whether restored, or as my friends calls it a"bondo bucket".
Thanks
Stuart

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.