Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i am in adelaide and looking for some other alfasud owners im restoring my alfasud cloverleaf 83 1.5 TI and looking for advice on a few topics a front windscreen and if anyone has one in better nick than mine a hatch as mine has rather big holes in it

i have a few carbi problems and alike

i had a blue series 1 sud before this one someone had done a 4wd conversion on it and i sold it to someone in sydney i think i wonder if anyone knows it

cheers for any feed back and hi to you all:)

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Welcome to the BB. You are certainly in the right place and will meet some wonderful people from every corner of the globe.

·
Registered
390 Posts
llyod at start in salisbury has a few suds and many parts, he knows them backwards and can sort out ur carbi problems. also try u pull it at elizabeth always a few suds there.
and if u get the alfa bug, which u will, and want to get into transaxles, i have a good gtv6 for sale for next to nothing :D
cheers, brad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys for the tips
i dont quite understand how to find this guy in salisbury mate

his name is lloyd and works at starts ? if so where is that

been to u pull it theres a series 2 there but nothing i can use plenty of 33s but no carbs i thought i could salvage

need a sceen and bit and peices so i need to chase thid guy you spoke of brad

im trying to keep it original as posible as apart from the faded ti seats i t s all there and in good nic

i start priming tomorrow and have spent 4 days now doin body work mainly on the hatch what a pain it was i wish i took photos

i think its a bit sad when you look at a car in a shed in 500 pieces and look at your daily driver and then spend all you r time on the shed one cos your daily driver is not enjoyable at all
its so dull and uninteresting i had to fit twin 12 inch subs 2 6.5 inch splits and 2 5.5 inch splits to make it interesting cos its a single cab ute so alot of customising areas was fun cos i am 6ft3 and cant affor to loose leg room or head room

i am interested to look at your car brad are you goin on the run on sunday?

looks like ill have to bring my daily driver as i cant get alfa ready in time as i have a busy friday and sat hehe

cheers again guys:D

·
Registered
390 Posts
llyod is on barnidoota rd salsibury plain. next to manchester crash repairs, if your comming from stanbel rd, on the left. sorry dont know the shed/lot number

i wont be going sunday, as i dont have an alfa registered at the moment :( and im doing a few mods on my daily so its off the road :(

if your seriously interested in a original gtv6 which im selling for $2500 send me a pm.
cheers, brad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheeers brad i gave hi a ring yesterday when the president e mailed me the details he was happy to hear another sud was o the road soon and offered heaps of advice

ill prob take it there for a tune on the carbs once its on the road i reckon

well its in primer now i just have to wait for the paint now as it is an odd mix and uses a particular tint which not many people keep in stock aparently

going well im hopeing to get it on the road by beggining of june as my other car rego runs out then hehe

got quote for glass 220 fitted so that sounds good

i am thinking of replacing the carpet as its badly worn its original red and if i do that it wont be original what are your thoughts ?

either leave in damaged crappy "original" crpet and get floor mats to hide damaged parts or

replace with new black carpet which i have already from a eureka build?

thoughts ?

sugestiions

shame ya cant make it on sunday brad and ill think about gtv6 i like the look but whats wrong wth trans axle it certainly looks less pregnant whale in the back end then a sud and still has the twin lights i like that for some reason ?

cheers:D

·
Registered
390 Posts
regarding carpet, it depends what you want to do with the car? there is not much point in leaving it original unless its concourse, i personally would get a new carpet, originality doesnt bother me one bit :)

gtv6 's are the best looking alfa im my opinion, once lowered a bit and nice wheels you cant beat them for looks.

post up a few pictures of you alfa if you want?

cheers,
brad

·
Registered
71 Posts
Alfa sud for sale

Hey mate,

I have an carbie alfa sud i would sell for $450 if your keen. Engine is very good.

Dave: still have GTV6 for sale????

Regards
Christian

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
cheeers brad i gave hi a ring yesterday when the president e mailed me the details he was happy to hear another sud was o the road soon and offered heaps of advice

ill prob take it there for a tune on the carbs once its on the road i reckon

well its in primer now i just have to wait for the paint now as it is an odd mix and uses a particular tint which not many people keep in stock aparently

going well im hopeing to get it on the road by beggining of june as my other car rego runs out then hehe

got quote for glass 220 fitted so that sounds good

i am thinking of replacing the carpet as its badly worn its original red and if i do that it wont be original what are your thoughts ?

either leave in damaged crappy "original" crpet and get floor mats to hide damaged parts or

replace with new black carpet which i have already from a eureka build?

thoughts ?

sugestiions

shame ya cant make it on sunday brad and ill think about gtv6 i like the look but whats wrong wth trans axle it certainly looks less pregnant whale in the back end then a sud and still has the twin lights i like that for some reason ?

cheers:D
How much have you had to do to the bodywork to get it into shape? You seem to be a fast worker. What engines are you using in the Eurekas these days by the way? I seriously thought about buying one of them back in my VW days. My 2084 cc Beetle engine would have made it seriously quick. It pumped out somewhere near 200 BHP and did 8,000 RPM.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Brad $2.5K for a GTV6 is really cheap, what is wrong with it. Most of the ones I have seen on carsales etc start from around $7k and go up to silly money. Any pics of your car.

·
Registered
390 Posts
nothing major wrong with it,
its down falls are the engine and rust, but other than that its decent condition and totally original. the interior is reasonable, dash isnt too cracked, seats are a bit faded but everything is there. the engine has a bad misfire and doesnt sometimes run and a blown headgasket, however i have a fresh 2.5 from a 75 ready to go into it that comes with. the rust isnt too bad, my track car is was worse and my dad and i have fixed it all. it has a 3 20c peice spots on the roof near the sunroof, and a spot near the shock tower and also in the front raidiator support panel. nothing major and easly fixed, paint is ok but for on the rear wheel arch its craked. ran out of rego last month.

im selling as im building a track car, and need the space and money. dont have the time to fix it and already have a gtv for a daily so real no use for it.

for sale, best value gtv6 in oz ?

cheers, Brad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi guys cheers for the suport and sugestions and i think one sud is enough for now and i dont like using full caRS FOR PARTS brad cheers for the invite on the gtv it sounds good but as before i only need one car atm

eureka wise one of my fathers has a subaru motor in one and a 1760 or some capacity in the other he built the seccond one from scratch so keeping vw motor seemed easier

well i now have the sud on the road and have been driving it for a while it hit the road the wednesday after the sun to aldinga so thats a 3 week turn around from bomb to beauty the hatch didnt exist at the bottom of the window there were holes in the to of the rear quarters below the side windows big enough for me to put my hand in and the front gaurd was pretty much the same along the top it looks good a few paiting mishaps but all in all a good runner oh and cleaning out the jets daily is getting annoying but ill have the time on the weekend to pull off carbs and give it a good clean out

oh and the rear muffler fell off in traffic today whoops so im trying to get a tail end of the pipe or just a cannon i cant decide but cannon is a bit *** for me

ill post some photos when i figure out how

unfortunatly no before shots cos i got to work to quickly please contact me if there is any meeting i can take it to for people who appriciate it to have a look and special thanks to lloyd at start for the carbi tune

1 - 12 of 12 Posts