Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just signed up to let Alfa followers of a 1975 Alfa Romeo N/A here at a junkyard in Pittsburgh, Pa. It's looks to be mostly complete. I'd hate to see a cool car like that get crushed.
It's red.
VIN is AR3047182.
From what I observed: Great black seats, good dash and gauges, wood wheel (possibly restorable), engine is there, hood is no good, trunk lid good, couldn't see the convt. top, looks like a removable hardtop (sitting upside down on top of car so I assume it's for that car.)

I'm a Corvair guy or I'd be stripping it !

Get back to me for info or pictures.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Suggestion.. the virus is a priority and traipsing around a junkyard isn't prudent. I would ask the yard what it would take to save it from the crusher. Seems like they would jump at a pittance to "quarantine" it for you and stash it aside. It would be a good investment down the road if you are handing parting it out. You might even get them to drop it off and pick it up the bones LATER.... I don't believe the body would be worth parting out. It is just too much of a hassle getting rid of it in pieces. A good dash, seats, fuel tank, center console, Column switches SPICA ( core is worth $50 on a bad day), Cylinder head, head light bezels, Grille, all come to mind as having some easy to sell items and aren't difficult to store.. The wheels are worth saving too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First off, I NEEDED to get a part to get my car on the road. Sometimes that's important to get to work and doctor's appointments.
I AM DEACTIVATING MY ACCOUNT AFTER THIS POST>

Anyways, I am not interested in the car or parts. This was purely for the benefit of the Alfa Romeo community of which I am not part of.
For those of you prudent & confident enough to use precautions and stay safe with known protocols, the car is worth seeing.

The car is at U-Pull & Pay, Pittsburgh, Pa. Eastgate Dr. Penn Hills)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts