Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Today I bought a gorgeous, silver 1991 Spider Veloce from California Cars in Thousand Oaks, CA! It's my first Alfa, and it's a beauty. It will be delivered to me next week, as it needs a cap for the coolant reservoir and a final once-over.

I've loved Alfa Spiders since about 1968 or 1969 - someone had a red Alfa Spider Duetto/black interior in the neighborhood in which I grew up. I was only 9 or 10, and every time I walked past it, I was entranced by it, and hoped I would own one some day....that day has arrived! :grin2:

I'm really glad I found this forum, as it is a fantastic storehouse of knowledge for all things Alfa Romeo!

I look forward to exploring this forum more, and getting to know you all, as we all share a common bond/passion.

One question - where do I get an Alfa Romeo Owner's Club window sticker?

Here is a pic I took of my new baby at the dealership today.....

Talk later,
Jim

Attachments

Reactions: Max Pershyn

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Today I bought a gorgeous, silver 1991 Spider Veloce from California Cars in Thousand Oaks, CA! It's my first Alfa, and it's a beauty. It will be delivered to me next week, as it needs a cap for the coolant reservoir and a final once-over.

I've loved Alfa Spiders since about 1968 or 1969 - someone had a red Alfa Spider Duetto/black interior in the neighborhood in which I grew up. I was only 9 or 10, and every time I walked past it, I was entranced by it, and hoped I would own one some day....that day has arrived! :grin2:

I'm really glad I found this forum, as it is a fantastic storehouse of knowledge for all things Alfa Romeo!

I look forward to exploring this forum more, and getting to know you all, as we all share a common bond/passion.

One question - where do I get an Alfa Romeo Owner's Club window sticker?

Here is a pic I took of my new baby at the dealership today.....

Talk later,
Jim
Welcome and have fun,.................

Reactions: SpiderMan59

·
Administrator
17,250 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Congrats! They are definitely a car with a soul. Second the value of this board. I went from 0 - fairly competent from reading many of the threads and answers from fellow board members.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi again, and thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the tip on joining AROC, ghnl. I did read somewhere on this board after my initial post that they've stopped issuing the stickers, though....which is a bummer. I'll give it a shot anyway. Worst case - I could always print my own! ;)

Talk later,
Jim

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Congrats on the purchase . She looks great!

Welcome to the AlfaBB. A great community to be a part of.

Good luck,

Vin

Reactions: SpiderMan59

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
congratulations on your new alfa!

regarding the alfa romeo owners club decal, i was told by them that they stopped producing them, so they are no longer available.
Yeah, that's the thread about it....so, I will create one myself :smile2:

Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am reasonably certain that the club decal is available when you join AROC; in fact, when renewing annual membership, there is a prompt asking if you need another decal.

Also, in a shameless plug for the SoCal chapter, we would love for you to join, and come drive with us.

Please PM me for further details.

Cheers!

Jim Barrett

PS- These cars in silver are always striking!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
I am reasonably certain that the club decal is available when you join AROC; in fact, when renewing annual membership, there is a prompt asking if you need another decal.

Also, in a shameless plug for the SoCal chapter, we would love for you to join, and come drive with us.

Cheers!

Jim Barrett

I renewed my membership on the phone two months ago and the lady informed me that they stopped producing the decals a few years ago.

If you are doing it online definitely accept the prompt asking for another decal.

It can't hurt to try.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Cheers!

Jim Barrett

Hi Mr. Barrett - I joined up with AROC and the SoCal chapter as well, but never saw a prompt for a decal?

I need some time to adjust to driving a stick before I drive with you all, as I've driven automatics all my life....had one stick lesson 42 years ago as part of drivers ed at age 16...I'm a tad out of practice! ;)

It was delivered to me today!!!! :grin2:

Thanks, Everyone! :)
Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts