Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I recently picked up a set of 45 DCOE's for a non-alfa project but after some google searching I was brought to alfaBB and realized that they are GTA carbs?

They are both 45 DCOE 14's #3764 and #4009. In great shape, new brass floats, tight bores etc. I'm just trying to figure out if it makes sense to sell them and purchase another set of carbs and let the alfa collector have em' or if I should fiddle around and stick them on my car. Please pm me if you're interested.

Thanks for your time,
-Ted

·
Registered
816 Posts
GTA carbs

Hi
Thanks from the Forum for contacting us. One interesting question, is where did they come from and were there any other Alfa or GTA specific parts available?
What is the non-Alfa project? Maybe we can help with the decision making process.
I'd be interested in them as spares for my GTA. I have a set, but have sold off some extras that I had at one time.
Keith
Alfas Unlimited
Ct

PS: The GTA is in the tiny avatar photo next to my "name"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers to CT. I hail from the Hartford area although down south for school.

The guy I purchased the carbs from was in Colorado. I think he was a BMW guy, his email had 2002 in the title and I bought them with a set of manifolds for an m10.

My non-alfa project is an 86' Merkur Xr4ti with a 2.0l 16v Duratec swap. I've read that there's an outfit in England by the name of Webcon that sells a new Spanish set of DCOE 152's that they modify with 5 progression holes specifically for the Duratec/Zetec configuration.

If I can sell these to get a pair of those, that seems like a good way to go. My old boss has a 2000 Bertone. Really nice car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Webers

Hi
How much do they want for the new ones from England? Re-drilling the progression holes seems to be a common fix for the later carbs. People who use them on Alfas do something similar.
Keith
email me at:
[email protected] if you like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys,
I was able to make a deal for the carbs to a fellow member on the forum here. Looks like they're going to make there way onto the proper GTA.

Thanks for everyones help!
-Ted

·
Super Moderator
11,556 Posts
They are nice Webers from the pictures. What are you sending me Keith?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts