Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day fellow Alfa enthusiasts! Just bought myself a Brera 2.2L JTS Manual and have joined this forum for somewhere to get proper advise from. Only had her a week and I've run into my first problem... When the clutch is depressed it stays on the floor and doesn't spring back up. No pressure behind the depression either. I'm thinking its either master cylinder or slave cylinder (with experience from other cars) but I've never worked on or pulled apart an alfa so I really don't know. I've rang a few mechanics and they've quoted $2800 roughly to fix master/slave (if it's that). I'm located in Sydney. Any advise on how much it should roughly cost me/what it could be/where to take the car?

Thanks in advanced!!!

·
Administrator
18,295 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
G'day fellow Alfa enthusiasts! Just bought myself a Brera 2.2L JTS Manual and have joined this forum for somewhere to get proper advise from. Only had her a week and I've run into my first problem... When the clutch is depressed it stays on the floor and doesn't spring back up. No pressure behind the depression either. I'm thinking its either master cylinder or slave cylinder (with experience from other cars) but I've never worked on or pulled apart an alfa so I really don't know. I've rang a few mechanics and they've quoted $2800 roughly to fix master/slave (if it's that). I'm located in Sydney. Any advise on how much it should roughly cost me/what it could be/where to take the car?

Thanks in advanced!!!
Not sure if this helps ...lots of parts are cross-referenced..

Clutch slave cylinder Alfa Romeo 147, 156, 156 SW, GT 55184041 - Alfa Romeo Ersatzteile - Italia Ricambi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts