Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for you guys another information-seeking thread on two more old Italian cars that I found in the book "Hemmings Abandoned Autos". One is a very rusty white circa-1972 DeTomaso Pantera that was/is apparently parked in a wooded area in Connecticut. It still retained its chrome bumpers (still shiny, as opposed to the badly rotted body and corroded wheels) and alloy wheels, and had appeared to have been there for some time. It may have been dumped in the woods after being stolen. If anyone has pictures, current whereabouts or info regarding parting out, restoration, scrapping, why it was parked in the woods, ownership, or anything besides how to find the car or offers to sell it to me, please share them. The other is a 1930s Fiat berlina (sedan), possibly a 508, a Balilla or an 1100 (the front was not visible, just the back and right side). It was/is somewhere in New Mexico, was/is faded dark blue with baby moon-style hubcaps that look like those used on Topolinos, a crude, possibly aftermarket taillight with three lenses, a rear-mounted, covered spare wheel on a nearly vertical rear end without an opening trunk (think Citroen Traction Avant crossed with prewar Topolino), and this might be the most important thing: It had a very weathered and rusted United States Special Forces Ethiopia license plate on the back. If anyone has any information on this Fiat regarding ownership, history, current whereabouts, restoration, or anything besides offers to sell it to me (although I would love to get it free of charge;)), once again, please share them. To contact me, either a PM, e-mail or this forum will work equally well, and my e-mail address is [email protected]. I check my e-mail regularly, and please include "Pantera", "Fiat", or "Italian Cars" in the subject line so that I don't mistake it for junk e-mail.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts