Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please photograph a close up shot of the under-hood I.D. plate? I need to see size of punched letters and numbers and spacing of the I.D. info. etc.

Thanks,

George

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please... someone must have the ID plate and could take a photo for me

Pleasessssssss ;)

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kind of hate to ask Bill again. I have asked his advice soo many times before. All I need is a close-up photo! Anyone?

G

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is this what you are after - the original one from my 1960 spider Normale. Scale is in cm.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the photo but that is not the one I need. Actually, I forgot about that one. There are two other, larger plates mounted to the underside of the hood. One is the lubrication chart (don't need a photo of that one) and the other has the motor and body numbers and Giulietta model. That's the one I need a photo of. Do you have that plate?

Great photo by the way. ;)

G

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Perfect. Thank you.

George

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
You can tell how careful they were at the factory in those days! ;^)

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yah, great workmanship. One further question. I have a 1960 1300, 101 Veloce. Do you think I would stamp 101 F where you have 750 E?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
That sounds right. My plate is from a '57 Sprint Veloce.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
I have a 1960 1300, 101 Veloce. Do you think I would stamp 101 F where you have 750 E?
I'm by no means a Giulietta expert but I'd say no. The letter designations ID'd a particular model within the 750 Series; E=Sprint Veloce, F=Spider Veloce, etc. With the change to the five digit model designation format, the first three digits represent the chassis series while the 4th & 5th digits represent the particular model.
Having said that, your Giulietta is a 101 Series and the Spider Veloce was assigned 07 as the model. Therefore, I'd say that the plate should be stamped 10107.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I agree with Jim.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Therefore, I'd say that the plate should be stamped 10107.
That would make sense as my other small plate (mounted to the firewall) is listed as 10107 as well. Do I need to stamp anything in the kg spot? I see the sample above is empty there. Thanks for the great help.

Cheers,

G

·
Administrator
4,148 Posts
'60 Spider Data plate

Hi George

This is the plate off my '60 Spider - sorry the picture is fuzzy, it was taken 5 years ago before I bought the car & the PO & I were deep into the 3rd bottle of wine during negotiations - I recall the picture was crystal clear at the time....... :D

I agree with Jim, your plate would say 10107 - I'd suggest that you got hold of Andrew Watry, (post #2) as his Veloce is the closest to yours & got a couple of pictures of his data plate.

101 / 105 Guy - that data plate is from a '58 Sprint Veloce Confortevole - do you have any further info on the car - PM me please

Ciao
Greig

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So as my car wasn't an export, what would I stamp in that space?

G

1 - 17 of 17 Posts