Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1977 spider 2.0 i recently got it running but i found out the tach cable is not hooked up to the engine. does anyone know where to attach it?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Waterpump on driver side. If you still have air pump look under bracket and between top alt.

Right under that nut/stud that hold Alt. bracket And behind crank pully

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i still cant find it did alfa use electronic tach in their 2 liter engines at any time? there is just bare metel in the spot it should be.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the great pictures but on my engine there is just bare metal where there should be the tach hookup. any ideas?

·
Registered
612 Posts
i still cant find it did alfa use electronic tach in their 2 liter engines at any time? there is just bare metel in the spot it should be.
you may have water pump from newer model
i have 85 and have electronic tachometer, with signal wire from ignition coil.
transmission port in my alfa is for a speedometer

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
The 73-79 Spider parts book says that up to 1977, the tachs were mechanical; 77 and up are electronic. However, an electronic tach doesn't show up in the wiring diagrams until 1979.

Does the face of the tach say 'Electronic' on it somewhere?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i don't see electronic anywhere on it. but the tachometer cable thats still there is mechanical.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can you send of picture of where the tach cable comes out of the coil on your '85 spider.

·
Registered
612 Posts
can you send of picture of where the tach cable comes out of the coil on your '85 spider.
its just attached to (as far as i remember) since my vehicle is in parts right now, to a negative terminal of ignition coil, rest of wiring wal just positive and illumination.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts