Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeking help regarding spark plug wires so experts please help.

I have a 1969 GTV Euro-Canadian spec. The previous owner installed the 123 electronic ignition and the car runs fine. It has the 7 mm red spark plug wires in it from Classic Alfa. I would like to change the wires to the green ones which are correct for my car. The question is will these wires which are either 5 or 6 mm be compatible with the electronic ignition? Does anyone have experience with this or used the new style green wires. If they are compatible which seller has the best product.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sam

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I use the green wires.... Stock ignition down to the points and condenser... No problems whatsoever...

·
Registered
284 Posts
I am seeking help regarding spark plug wires so experts please help.

I have a 1969 GTV Euro-Canadian spec. The previous owner installed the 123 electronic ignition and the car runs fine. It has the 7 mm red spark plug wires in it from Classic Alfa. I would like to change the wires to the green ones which are correct for my car. The question is will these wires which are either 5 or 6 mm be compatible with the electronic ignition? Does anyone have experience with this or used the new style green wires. If they are compatible which seller has the best product.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sam
Hello Sam

The green ignition wires are original but not nonstatic
The reason the red static ignition cables were often built.

Green nonstatic cable I'm looking too

Marcel

·
Premium Member
15,006 Posts
The 123ignition distributor does not make a higher voltage at the plugs - that is a function of the plug gaps and the coil if you open up the gaps. So whatever works with points and your coil will also work with the 123. My 123 is connected via an MSD box to a Blaster coil. I got electric shocks if I touched the insulation of the green wires before I switched to Taylor 8mm wire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts