Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new clutch in my 164L and I can't seem to bleed the slave completely. The car runs but the clutch pedal snaps back and is not fully firm. I also have a flashing airbag light and I can't figure out where my airbag sensors are. Please help.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
Welcome to the BB. The clutch slave isn't easy to bleed. It takes a lot of time and bleeding to get it right. You can try removing the slave from the mounting bracket. Hold the cylinder in place with a "C" clamp. Hold the slave up in the air so the air bubbles rise, and try bleeding with the slave in the air. Sometimes hat works.

·
Premium Member
27,320 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve, I was able to to get the codes for the airbag and they turned up to be 15, 16, 35 and 36. The problem is that I can't find the sensors associated with the airbag. I've checked under the driver's seat and passenger's seat to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Richard, I was thinking about replacing the slave cylinder but I will try bleeding it in the air. I just tried so many times so maybe this will do the trick.

·
Premium Member
27,320 Posts
Just follow reset procedures and see it light goes out.

·
Premium Member
27,320 Posts
Followed the procedure but the light keeps on flashing
What codes did you get and did you do the 3 second rule exactly if not ECU will not reset.

Do it before third 12-12-12 starts at end of sequence after fault codes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts