Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends,

I have a question about the 4 rubber plugs that go on the two back floor pans and the rear wheel wheel.

I am not sure how the plugs need to face, if the small lip needs to be up or down? :confused:

There are also two front silent blocks that are ontop of the upper control arms. Do I have to take the control arms out to place this so called bumpstop in? :confused:

thanks for your kind help,

C

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi,

On my car the large rubber lip is inside the car (looks flatter and better and would be harder to push through if you put weight on it).

I can't help with the bump stop.

Andrew

·
Registered
505 Posts
Further to Andrew's comment, the rubber plugs are intended to be positioned such that the lip is on the inner side of the car. So the smooth side of the plugs is to be on the outside of the car. By the way, there are supposed to be two more of these plugs, one in each front floor pan.

Joseph

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the responses...

So the big part of the plug goes on the outside of the car, figures so the water wont come in...It's alot easier to place the big part from inside the car though,

·
Registered
157 Posts
Every one I've ever seen has had the small side facing out.
Same here. The plugs are always pushed into the holes from the inside of the car - with of course, the large side facing in. That way they can't fall out.

They sit pretty much flush with the floor anyway, as the holes are swaged (countersunk) to allow clearance for the top of the plug.

If you've seen a car where they're inserted from the outside facing in, it's because someone has removed them and fitted them that way.

Cheers,
-Col-

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Whichever way you do it, clean the edge of the aperture thoroughly and apply a thin smear of black silicone so that the lip beds down perfectly. It will ensure that no water gets in at all ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts