Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first of many posts, I think...
I lost my father-in-law recently and he was kind enough to give me his 67 duetto. I am excited to get to work on this car. It has been sitting in a garage for 25+ years. My first order of business is to get the car transported. I need to get the width measurement from outside of tire edge to outside tire edge to determine if it will fit on a friends trailer.
So, if someone knows this measurement or can measure one in your garage, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
what a lovely gift!...........it'd be really great to get it back in good order in your father-in-law's memory.

I am sure Wille R will be in contact soon, his great site keeps a registery of roundtail spiders.

Any photos to share with us all, in the meantime?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much...
I did some searches, but couldn't find the track width. You are very kind to find that for me.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Thank you very much...
I did some searches, but couldn't find the track width. You are very kind to find that for me.

track width is centerline of the tire to centerline of the tire you need to add probably 6 inches to that to get the absolte width at the tires and maybe another 4 for the bodywork to see if it will fit between the trailer fenders...

·
Registered
106 Posts
According to 1967 Alfa Romeo Spider 1a serie (Duetto) full range specs

Dimensions & capacities

Length:
4250 mm / 167.3 in

Width:
1630 mm / 64.2 in

Height:
1290 mm / 50.8 in

Wheelbase:
2250 mm / 88.6 in

Front track:
1310 mm / 51.6 in

Rear track:
1270 mm / 50 in

Ground clearance:

Turning circle btw. walls:
10.5 m / 34.4 ft

Turning circle btw. curbs:
10 m / 32.8 ft

Drag coefficient claimed:

Drag coefficient estimated by a-c:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just measured mine. 58" outside to outside of front tires. Stock 15" rims with slightly wider than stock 175 tires. Rear is 1" narrower.

Good luck!
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts