Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
9,923 Posts
Is there a chart that shows were all the grounds are
No, but isn't that complicated. Every electrical component has two connections: power and ground. The one attached to the surrounding metal is the ground. Often they are attached with a sheet metal screw that has become loose or corroded; hence the poor connection.

plus what the correct fuse goes into each circuit?
That's published in your owner's manual and repair manual (you do have a repair manual?)

On a previous point: I'm not saying that you shouldn't spend AU100 on an utel PowerScan PS100 Electrical Circuit Tester. But you can learn a lot from a simple, $10 tester like the one pictured below. Given that you are new to electrical circuits, a dirt-simple tester might be a better way to get started.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I do not have a repair manual, where can I get that? I have the documents sent over from AROC and a reprint of the Alfa owners manual ( plus a very badly worn original version ). Any books I should be getting?

Like the idea of spending less if I can.

No, but isn't that complicated. Every electrical component has two connections: power and ground. The one attached to the surrounding metal is the ground. Often they are attached with a sheet metal screw that has become loose or corroded; hence the poor connection.

That's published in your owner's manual and repair manual (you do have a repair manual?)

On a previous point: I'm not saying that you shouldn't spend AU100 on an utel PowerScan PS100 Electrical Circuit Tester. But you can learn a lot from a simple, $10 tester like the one pictured below. Given that you are new to electrical circuits, a dirt-simple tester might be a better way to get started.

·
9,923 Posts
I do not have a repair manual, where can I get that? Any books I should be getting? Like the idea of spending less if I can.
I have used the Autobooks manuals. You can probably find one inexpensively on half.com

Other Alfa-related books worth getting are the ones by Pat Braden and Jim Kartalamakis.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
It sounds like you are starting at the beginning, hey we all started there, so although not related to electrics one thing that can save you untold hours and tons of aggravation is to remember this is a aluminum motor and it is easy to strip/break studs and nuts by tightening to tight. Most fasteners do not have to be gorilla tight. Develop a firm technique and you will enjoy your journey, the quest is the quest.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
There are times when a simple test light is better than a digital meter. I use both.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts