Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After servicing the heater blower fan motor in my '87 I can't recognize where this bracket came off from. It's about 10"x1" with bolt holes in the bend at each end and must be zinc coated. The car has AC but it doesn't seem to belong with it's supports or the blower/core assembly, console, etc. The threads I found in the forum concerning this repair were very helpfull and although I don't have a service or parts manual I did find some exploded views on line but couldn't find the small part shown anywhere. Hopefully someone was into the dash of there S3 recently enough to remember this. Thanks!

Attachments

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Cross brace for the console side panels.
Up and back on the panels, few inches from the top edge.
It bridges the panels together over top of the transmission tunnel sorta just in front of where heater box.

Usually held in place by pop rivets, but those need to be drilled out every time you want to take things apart or don't want to work around the bracket. Chicago screws would be a good substitute.

EDIT:
Item #2 in the attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch for the quick replies, though I had just recieved the info in response to an inquiry sent via personal message it's great to know the Alfistas here are so helpfull. Now that we skipped spring here in MN and just hit the 80s, I wanted to get that heater fan working before I sell the '87 in full working order. I need to clear space and time for other projects which include getting my daughter's '78 Fiat back together with improved intake/exhaust, my '82 Fiat Turbo, and the '67 Duetto I just picked up last week. I'll definately need this resource for getting the drive train back into the Duetto. It's clean, low miliage, mostly track-driven by a festidious engeneer and came with lots of extra performance and original parts, plus a large box of every manual imaginable and reciept for every purchase.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts