Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very fortunate to locate a non-running SS 1964 vintage. It is now running and I need help in turning on the headlights. If I push on the outer edge of the horn button the headlights come on, but only as long as I push the outer rim. I feel stupid but I am perplexed. Any help would be appreciated. The emergency brake is also giving me grief. Of course there is no manual with this vehicle. Is there anyone that has a reprint or a pdf file of same. I am humbled.
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
326 Posts
SS Manual

Bob, lucky find. Being a 64 is the car a Giulietta or a Giulia? The button in the middle of the steering wheel is for flashing the headlights, the switch for turning the lights on will be in the middle dash area, the one closet to the driver if memory serves. The dimmer switch is on the floor.

I have an Italian pdf of the Giulia SS manual (no doubt downloaded from this BB) which I could email you if you like, pm me your email address.

Regards,
Don

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
The head light switch is a pull and twist affair. You pull out to turn on the parking lights and twist to turn on the lights. Reverse to put in to the off position. Check the connections on the back of the switch to see if they are tight as they are little screws that compress the wire to the contacts. Also check continuity of the switch itself as it tends to not make contact with age. A new switch can be had from Moss Motors as it is a Lucas part and fits other cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts