Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just bought a 1991 164, 5 speed manual with 58,000 miles. Does anyone have and websites that would sell performance parts for the car?

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
Alfissimo.com

Reactions: richardbradford

·
Premium Member
27,529 Posts
Tell us something about yourself and this new to you 164 What model did you get 164B, 164L or 164S USA spec or Euro spec?

·
Premium Member
27,529 Posts
What model is that again please and what year?

·
Premium Member
16,566 Posts
1991? it’s the 24w (sic) v6?

As Steve questions, I also don't think so. 91 would be the 12V.

·
Premium Member
27,529 Posts
So what 1991 164 12V model do you have 17-digit VIN and motor number? Motor number located on rear of engine on flat area prolly covered with grease/dirt area underneath distributor cap area. Look for number like AR06412*xxxxxxx or possibly AR64301**xxxxxx. * the x's will be serial number of your motor.

·
Administrator
14,309 Posts
Take it easy on the performance parts, a waste of precious $'s, and Alfa Romeo knew what they were doing. Join your local club and do some track days; what you learn will make your car considerably faster than most performance parts AND the car will still be nice to drive when off the race track

Pete

·
Registered
4,208 Posts
... i just want to restore the car and make it look new !
Well at least it has a 5 speed! Not that the automatic is a detriment or anything, they are actually pretty cool, the way they downshift and everything. With only 58,000 miles, it should pretty much look like new already. Can you post a few pictures of it, maybe with dad's Giulia? Welcome and congratulations!

Mark

·
Premium Member
27,529 Posts
Sean keep posting and get your 10 posts in so you can post pictures as we love pictures.

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
my dad has a 2017 giulia and i love alfa’s so i decided to get a 164.... it’s the 24w v6.. USA spec. i just want to restore the car and make it look new !
Very nice. I had a 164S and now a new giulia 2017. Both fantastic cars. I can help you restore it. Let me know?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,861 Posts
Take it easy on the performance parts, a waste of precious $'s, and Alfa Romeo knew what they were doing. Join your local club and do some track days; what you learn will make your car considerably faster than most performance parts AND the car will still be nice to drive when off the race track

Pete
Not much left anyway. Some, like squadra chip, springs, but not a ton. Get the car straight first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That giulia is beautiful! I will keep you posted. Currently saving up money to use to restore! Once i can send pictures you can let me know what i should do!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts