Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I finally took possesion of a '58 Giulietta, and now I am beginning to fine tune some things...

I am noticing some vibration in the hood around the right (when looking from the driver's seat) hood hinge. Another giulietta owner has suggested that the car should have a gasket/molding along the back portion of the engine compartment. I have found mention of such a gasket in the Centerline catalog, but it is for a Giulia (part WS182). Can anybody confirm whether my car should have this gasket, and whether the Centerline part would work in my case?

Second item:

The vent tubes, while sound, don't fit the tubes going through the firewall very well. So, I am planning on replacing the tubes with the correct black tubes. The guy I mentioned before is restoring a 101 Giulietta, and he has purchased a set of grommets/gaskets that fit around these tubes through the firewall. Then, the vent hoses seal to these grommets.

I can't find a grommet like that in any of the major supplier's catalogs. Any help out there with finding those things?

Here is a picture showing better the locations of what I am talking about.

Thanks everyone! It's good to be an Alfa Owner again, after 12 years away! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hood gasket - Yes there should be one where you indicate on your picture - I think that the Giulia one would be fine.

The vent hose seals are about 6mm square section soft rubber - I suspect that they are Alfa/pininfarina specials. Tony Stevens - Alfa Stop - in the UK stocks them.

Simon

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
Try ReOriginals, as well.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hood Insulation Mat

Hi all,

I thought that I would just extend this thread with another question.

Looking at my 750 and another guy's 101 side-by-side last weekend, we came to the conclusion that 750's should not have the hood insulation mat, while the 101's have them. We came to this conclusion because there is a slightly different bracing system/struts that would make it difficult to fit the mat. Also, the cross members in my 750 do not appear to be able to pop down to allow the mat to slide behind.

Can anybody confirm our suspicions?

If a 750 should have a mat, then I would be very grateful for a picture of how they are mounted. :D

Thanks,
Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts