Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a series 1 GTV that has had Marelli electronic ignition fitted. I had the unit in pieces recently waiting for a new control module to arrive. Now I cant remember which way this should be wired to the coil - it appears to work either way, but obviously it needs to be correct. The control unit had a red wire and a black wire going to the coil - labelled B & C at the module end. Does anyone know for sure which is + and -.

Cheers,
Wazza.
:confused:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Alfaroad,

Works both ways on the car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Suppose we are talking for the marelli plex: well, the pick up magnetic sensor it is true that can be work vice versa, seems that the input circuit of the module must be working in a float mode. I have tested this in my oscilloscope, means that the coming pulse from the sensor will trigger the module anyway. As for the module's output -which I think is your quote- I'm not sure that it can be either way, unless the whole circuit is in float mode in respect of the ground. So, the question now is if you modified the plex wiring since the 2 wires coming from the coil to the module originally, have a dedicated plug where you cant mix the wires!The same type of plug has also the input module's connection, from the sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts