Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused as to what one of the four jewel lights on my dash is indicating. A manual for a 69 shows the light I am questioning indicates fuel pressure. Mine has webers and a mechanical fuel pump. Does it mean the same for my car? The light is on sporadically and I can't figure out what's up. The light is the one hanging and on.

The e-brake is engaged and the driving lights are so those two are on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Left to right, Choke, Handbrake, Hi beams, Parking lights. Right side of main instruments is another light for service brake warning. Euro S2 different than USA S1. Where does the hanging lite belong?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh. The choke. I think my lights are a bit crossed. The hi-beams are on in the pic and burning the rightmost green jewel. Parking brake is on and burning the second to left jewel(matches your description). I am assuming the parking lights are a half turn of the stalk. The light that is hanging by your description has to be the choke. The choke/accel levers do not get moved but that hanging light does burn at sporadic times. So I can only assume that if the choke light is randomly on, that my motor must be out of tune, which does make sense since my gas mileage has become poor. At this point I do know my motor needs a rebuild by some of the telltale signs, but funds won't support that right now with two kids away at college.

As far as the brake service indicator light, I am more than aware of that light since I dealt with a failing brake master cylinder. That was replaced and the light hasn't burned since.

It's amazing how much I know about my car and how much I don't.

Thanks Brad.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
The choke lite is activated by a switch at the choke/start pull lever. The switch may be slightly adjustable. Nothing to do with the tune of your engine. You need the owners manual for 1750 GTV Euro and the S2 supplement. Maybe electronic copies in ABB library. Parking lites is a half-turn of the stalk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts