Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! Newbie here. I'll be test driving my first Alfa Romeo Giulia tomorrow.

It's a used 2019 nearly loaded with every option other than the Sport seats. Also, soooo happy I found one with the LSD!

These vehicles are not very common in Iowa, so I'm excited....but during the test drive, are there any red flags that I should check or be aware of? What do you think about the pricing below?

In a perfect world, I'd like to get the car down to around $29,600 with some all weather mats and maybe a tint thrown in. $9000 trade-in. Is that a fair deal?

Take a look. I'd love to hear your thoughts
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Random question buuut, would a Alfa dealer add a 30% window tint on a preowned car if I asked for it as part of my, negotiation? Would they even be allowed to?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Local legislation varies. Not legal where I live, for example, except on windows behind the driver which then looks odd. Your dealer should know the local laws.

The other consideration is the quality of the film and its application. That varies a lot. If it were my new car I'd check and then specify the type of window tint and who installs it as part of the deal.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Oh, and the colour combination is very good, especially with the walnut trim. And along with that LSD you also get paddle shifters on the steering wheel which, because it's a ZF automatic, you'll find you use when manually shifting. Much more convenient than reaching down for the shifter (which on this car is one of ZFs awful vague units used by most makers.) The rotary dial shifter makes much more sense, especially when paddles are fitted, and is used by ( pioneered by, actually) Jaguar and is in many of the other FCA cars and trucks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh, and the colour combination is very good, especially with the walnut trim. And along with that LSD you also get paddle shifters on the steering wheel which, because it's a ZF automatic, you'll find you use when manually shifting. Much more convenient than reaching down for the shifter (which on this car is one of ZFs awful vague units used by most makers.) The rotary dial shifter makes much more sense, especially when paddles are fitted, and is used by ( pioneered by, actually) Jaguar and is in many of the other FCA cars and trucks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys! Newbie here. I'll be test driving my first Alfa Romeo Giulia tomorrow.

It's a used 2019 nearly loaded with every option other than the Sport seats. Also, soooo happy I found one with the LSD!

These vehicles are not very common in Iowa, so I'm excited....but during the test drive, are there any red flags that I should check or be aware of? What do you think about the pricing below?

In a perfect world, I'd like to get the car down to around $29,600 with some all weather mats and maybe a tint thrown in. $9000 trade-in. Is that a fair deal?

Take a look. I'd love to hear your thoughts
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia

View attachment 1618570
Is it the Ti Sport model... Also.... You can probably get a good deal on a 2020 which has some enhancements inside.... 2021 there will be a total redo of the Alfa modela

·
Registered
318 Posts
Shoot for $27,500 before the tint and mats. I also recommend an extended warranty. FCA offers a pretty good one for a good price; third-party companies sell these often less than the dealer does.

Enter the VIN of the car you're thinking of buying and get a quote; you might get an offer of $200 off in your email too.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Don't have the dealer tint the windows for you.

They might go with the cheapest quality.

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,471 Posts
I hope it works out for you. How did the test drive go?

·
Premium Member
1972 Montreal. 2019 Giulia ti Sport
1,544 Posts
The price is good for what is essentially a new Giulia. The warranty is a big plus. And just as Steve Ray stated, shoot for $27.5. You'll probably pay more, but the car business is in the dumps right now, due to the virus, so you may have a chance. We paid $35k for a 2019 Giulia ti Sport, an ex-executive FCA car with just 8100 miles six weeks ago. We love everything about it, except maybe the infotainment system that is far from intuitive. We bought the car in Massachusetts, but as New Hampshire residents, we couldn't drive away with a state inspection sticker. When we got the car inspected, it passed as a new car should be expected--however, the left side CV boot was torn and leaking grease. The nearest Alfa dealer about 50 miles away replaced the boot and joint under warranty. It was pretty quick and painless.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Random question buuut, would a Alfa dealer add a 30% window tint on a preowned car if I asked for it as part of my, negotiation? Would they even be allowed to?
Don't have the dealer tint the windows for you. They might go with the cheapest quality.
In my experience buying our last new car (non-Alfa) the dealer issued us a credit and a mobile installer came to our house to install tint for us after purchase and we were able to select whatever we wanted. The job was high quality and we didn't have any problems.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts