Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question, guys...I've got 2 Veloce Spiders, an `84 parts car (for sale, actually) and the `87, sanded and detrimmed for paint. I bought both for the wife to get her the DreamCar she's always wanted and found the no-start `87 a few months ago. It STILL has a no-start condition and here are the symptoms: fuel pressure appears sufficient (just replaced lift pump, strainer & in-line pump, but testing with compression gauge difficult), spark appears to be on-time, compression is low in three cylinders (60-80psi, #2 is 150psi), injectors are getting pulse, and L Jetronic AFM appears to be ok. Motor spins fairly quickly, valve openings appear to be on time. It has never 'caught', even using ether spray. There IS a red w/black wire with a broken connector that I can't place. It has 8dvc on key and looks like the connector is for a manifold ground, but I'm unsure and unwilling to simply ground it to 'check'. The wire is located near the firewall, passenger side near the washer bottle, probably terminating somewhere around the intake manifold. It goes into the loom that crosses over the rear edge of the hood opening. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

...and let me know if any of you are interested in the `84..

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts