Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 79 alfa spider veloce

Does anyone hav e apic and locaton of the inertia switch?? Last I heard its on firewall, passenger side, near wiper wash tank (from a prior post, which I can no longer locate).

I was driving home, and the red fuel light came out the the car stalled; couldn't hear the fuel pump (unless I was still clearing the road noise out of my ears? but not likely):

called AAA for a tow, but was able to start the car 5-10 mins later as if nothing had happened.

fuse was OK

I THINK i saw the fuel pump with intact wires, but again no visual in my manual

I THINK I saw the inertia switch, but not sure (does anyone have a picture of this thing?), and no reset button.

I also climbed about 2000 vertical feet on the highway at 65-70 mph; I know when I've taken the gas cap off after driving I hear a long drawn sucking sound, as if the tank is under a bit if negative pressure; I wonder if the suddeb rise in altitiude somehow triggered a stop of gas flow, and if removinbg the gas cap to "equalize " the pressure would help; I've has the car stutter when climbing altittide as well, but not for some time; I though it was debris in the gas tank, but Im not sure now

·
Administrator
18,587 Posts
I've seen two types. One is a cylindrical shaped unit (white, grey or silver), the other a rectangular one about the size of a pack of cigarettes (black). Both were located under the hood, on the firewall, between the windscreen washer reservoir and the hood latch.

Here's the former:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.