Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of restoring a montreal too its former glory, I need to know do I have to take the dash out to remove the Servo of the car, I do not have a workshop manual, Alfa one so can you please advise, also do any off you have any stainless steel trim, this is the first time the car has undergone a complete restoration, it appears that the body has never been drilled for the stainless steel trim? around the waste does anyone know if this could have been arranged at the factory? any ideas? any one.

Going to ask the museum as well, missing six pieces of the trim and the bananas does anyone have any odds and sods of trim they might want to sell am now officially a skint member!:scared:

Cheers David

·
Registered
838 Posts
Check with Giorgio Pennatti, he has a number of pieces you may need. You will have to be more specific with the "want" list, as there are a lot of trim pieces on the car. I suggest you find / buy a "Parts Catalogue". It's very comprehensive and will help you identify the parts you need. Finally, if you are going to restore the car, I would suggest there is no easy / cheap way to do it. With market prices where they are today, you cannot go wrong spending the money for the correct parts, or re-doing those that need re-furbishment, final point being, do not take any short cuts, you will regret it later. Good Luck David!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Thanks for your replies I have Bruces book waited 3 months for it, all I wanted to know for now is do I have to take out the dash to remove the servo!

I am building the car slowly as I want the finished article to be as good as the day it left the factory, any advice on the way through will be appreciated

Dave

·
Registered
838 Posts
I believe the Brake Booster / Servo is held on by the 4 nuts accessable in the Engine compartment side. As far as getting to the Pedal Box, etc., that can be reached lying on your back under the Instrument Panel. I would suggest removing the seat from the car to give you more room.

·
Registered
468 Posts
David,
I would suggest to go in contact to Chris Slade and Rob Jones.

I send you pm with their mail adresses. They are from South UK = Soli Hills W.Mids + Peterborough
Hannelore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts