Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to jump straight in without introducing myself, but the name here is Chris and for the past year we have been restoring a 2600 Sprint for the "Coupe Des Alpes" in two weeks time.

Anyway, to cut a very long story short, whilst out test driving, the windscreen broke. We ordered a new one to be made over a month ago which was due to be finished this week, however, I have been informed that this has dropped and smashed! We can't get another one made in time so the reason for posting is,

Does anyone have or know of a new/good used screen for a 2600 Sprint in the UK that I can have, buy, borrow, steal or otherwise barter for.

I know it's a long shot, and I have tried all the usual outlets, but no joy as yet. The car has to leave for France on the 14th June.

Many thanks, Chris

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Chris,

I heard that Charles Pugh Ltd still have some old windscreens in stock, you might get lucky. If not, there are some other UK 2600 owners who might be able to help. Classicarco in Manchester had a load of spares but, to the best of my knowledge, most have already gone. Might be worth a try?

Good luck ....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Sorry for the long delay, but just to keep you informed of the windscreen saga.

After several leads and helpful advise, John from Alfaretro in Dorset came up with a brand new, Pilkington glass, windscreen at a good price and only down the road from the workshop, amazing or what!

Anyway, got it picked up, fitted the next day, and made it to the Coupe des Alpes with a day to spare. What a result. Despite the twisty mountain roads, she made it to the finish in Cannes with only a couple of minor issues, the worst being a "dead" foot brake pedal.

She's now back in the workshop to have the valve shims checked/replaced/reground ready for the next event.

Again, many thanks for the offers of help.:)

Chris

·
Registered
9,651 Posts
I'm glad the windshield problem had a good ending.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts