Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please excuse the cross-post from the Spider section. I'm in the midst of installing relays in headlight circuit of my 1991 Spider. I need to get to the wires that feed the headlights in order to install the relays. The ends of the wires run to the headlamp buckets -- apparently -- from under the fender, but I can't find any other part of the wires after they disappear into the fender area. Can I get to the wires someplace in the engine compartment before they enter the fender on their way to the headlamp? Many thanks. David

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Murray, This was posted by Tifosi over on the Spider page where I had cross-posted the same question:

If it's like the S3, they ride the harness along the top of the left fender, then shoot in next to the radiator framework that's welded there.

The right headlight takes the same route, but instead of going down into the left fender, it splits off and shoots across the front of the radiator near the hood hinges, then tucks in behind the framework on that side.

I'm not going to be able to mess with the car for a few days. In the meantime, if you get the chance to verify whether his info applies to an S4 (Tifosi's is an S3), would you go ahead and post what you find? David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts