Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help needed please.....

Trying to correctly Identify transmission mount to suit an early 1600 105 coupe

Can anyone confirm the one on the left is a early 1600 mount and the unit on the right is to suit a 1750 or later vehicle

Thanks for your expert advise

·
Registered
1969 GTV 1750 Australia
316 Posts
I am no expert on this one. But having just spent time cleaning under my 1/69, 1750 GTV, I can say the one on the left with the angled plate is on my car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Merv, i might have them mixed up then, according to body schematics the 1600 and 1750 mounting points are in slightly different positions , so i have the right hand example but was attached to a gearbox that came out of a 1750, my car being a 1966 gt i thought would have guessed i need the left example

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I would say Merv is correct that the one on the left is for a 69 model year, but 69 model year only and not later 1750s or 2 ltr and not earlier. The 69s were unique driven by the long dual floor mounted floor pedals required for USA safety regs. The bracket was bolted to the floor further back to give clearance requiring the slant and more forward location of the cross bolt hole.

Notice the the little relief dent on the left side of both. This is to give clearance to floor master cylinder so I would say one on right is for 105 series with floor pedals.

Ken

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Help needed please.....

Trying to correctly Identify transmission mount to suit an early 1600 105 coupe

Can anyone confirm the one on the left is a early 1600 mount and the unit on the right is to suit a 1750 or later vehicle

Thanks for your expert advise
View attachment 1623117
Can you take and post a side view of two brackets keeping them in same orientation to each other.

Thx

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts