Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some bozo is proposing that SNO's wikipedia listing be removed. Please help me fight back and save it! See the person's reasoning below, as copied from Widipedia:

"It is proposed that this article be deleted because of the following concern:
I think the term is a term limited to a car club, no evidence of general use.

"If you can address this concern by improving, copyediting, sourcing, renaming or merging the page, please edit this page and do so. You may remove this message if you improve the article or otherwise object to deletion for any reason. Although not required, you are encouraged to explain why you object to the deletion, either in your edit summary or on the talk page. If this template is removed, do not replace it.

"The article may be deleted if this message remains in place for seven days, i.e., after 11:43, 12 December 2014 (UTC)."

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
As the Director for SNO's Vermont Branch, I am outraged that the SNOs listing faces termination.
Well SNO is NOT a CLUB it's an Attitude toward our beloved Italian Coaches. We strive to improve our cars eliminating original manufacture defects. The engineering and creativity shown by our members proves that many improvements and styles of our cars are tastefully done and improve the performance and looks of our Alfas.
I own 7 Alfas and 3 of them would be what I consider SNO cars.

What's our next step, and like gprocket said "What can we do?"

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Late last night I went into the article and deleted the request to delete the article, as is my Wiki right. (That's a weird way of doing things, if you ask me. But no one did).

I also added a comment in the "talk" section. If you are so inclined, please add your comments to the talk page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Scuderia_Non_Originale

Wikipedia allows anonymous people to delete articles they don't think are appropriate. Your comments backing up the SNO article's assertions about the generic use of our club's name should make it difficult for anyone to try and kick us out once again. As noted above, scuderia non originale is both a description and an attitude; it's way more than the name of a car club.

There is also a request for links. I'm not sure how to do that or what to link us to. Can use some help there, too. Don't want our page to be an "orphan," as Wiki had labeled it.

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
One of the problem seems to be that the article says SNO is a club but it's not a club. (BTW, I don't know why this is even an issue, as the Rotary Club has a Wikipedia page as well).

I suggest you change most instances of "club" to "movement" -- which is more generic and describes the attitude better (pretty much the same way "Free Open Source" is a movement but not a club).

Now, I don't know if a movement has members or participants or affiliates and/or how people sympathetic to the movement can express such notions. Somebody more skilled in the use of English language may provide a solution for that.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ruedi. I have more work to do.

The point I tried to make in the article is that the club created the movement. That concept appears to have baffled at least one Wiki reader. It only takes one to hack us out of the entire on-line dictionary.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts