Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fear ran through me yesterday. I decided to start my 91 spider veloce in the garage last night, because she has been sitting there for a few months while I am working on her interior.:) She started up fine then suddenly I notices she was leaking. I killed the ignition and estimate that she dumped about 1 gallon of gas all over the garage floor.:eek: I cleaned up the mess and looked under her. The fuel like between the fuel pump to the fuel filter busted open. Does any one know what size line this is? I know it is metric and IAP has metric hoses. Since I am going to change this hose, I am going change my other hoses. Does anyone know where I can find a lower radiator hose and can I get braided hoses for her? :confused:

Thanks All,

Johnny

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
IIRC, Centerline sells braided fuel line hose. I assume you mean hose with an external braided fabric cover. Any of the usual Alfa parts suppliers, IAP, Vick Autosports, Centerline, Autocomponenti, Alfa Parts, etc. will have the radiator hoses and heater hoses.

Your local auto parts supply store will have fuel line hose, just be sure and tell them that's what you need. BTW, old hoses come off easier if you can snip the edge and split it where it's stuck onto the fitting. Especially on the radiator, don't try to force the old hose to break loose or you might wind up with a leak or a cracked radiator.

·
Registered
76 Posts
NAPA has 1/2" fuel hose, I've found that many car parts stores don't have it that large.

·
Registered
970 Posts
If you have original braided hoses you might want consider replacing them with new hoses of your choice (braided or regular). You can't easily gauge the condition of the braded hoses unless you pull them loose and flex them around a bit.

Ask me how I know....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the information and great tips for my problem. You guy all rock as usual. I will definitely change all the hoses I can. Thanks again.

Johnny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts