Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new spin-off thread to get some specific help on a long running problem.

My "new to me" 84 spider has been off the road for 15 years. I have been wrestling a bunch of stuff and am now down to this.

A possible diagnostic break through...

The pictures below indicate what I did, and what I noticed.

When I close up the system. And blow in the hose, air comes rushing out where indicated. This is a vertical machined hole that has nothing in it at this time. It is about 1/4 inch in diameter and looks like there should be a bolt in it.

Does anyone have these bolts and/or know what size they are.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Those are the "hidden bolts" that attach the front cover to the head. I'm at work now but will check this afternoon if nobody replies sooner.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
George,

I'm 99% sure that the left and right are the same size. I removed the bolt just above the alternator because it was easier for me to access.

The bolt on my '85 is M8-1.25 x 30mm. A picture below shows the bolt along with the torque specification. I install using blue loctite.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
couldn't find the size of that bolt anywhere, so that photo and thread size has gone strait into my alfa folder:)

this place is amazing.
Thanks Rich!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, Rich. That is the correct bolt size, but unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I still have the same issue. BUMMER!!!

I will post an update back in my "Newbie..." thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts