Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the head gasket on my '88 Spider (Bosch L-jetronic injection) recently.
It took me so long to complete the job that most of the labels I placed on the intake manifold and head sensors have become illegible.
I have clearly connected several sensors on the head and/or intake manifold in the wrong receptors.
Does anyone have any diagrams or information for the proper placement of these sensors?
The Workshop Manual is of absolutely no help in sorting this out.
Any clear diagram, instructions or idea on where to find this information would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Administrator
18,234 Posts
Not the best depiction - from the shop manual. Item No. 39 would be the #3 fuel injector. Item No. 41 would have a single wire attached to a spade terminal (the sketch makes it look like a pipe).

Photo of our Spider's engine:

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Impressive that you joined 5 years ago and just made your first post. Busy flying?.... :)
Looking forward to seeing those as requested pictures. Knowing the colour of your car helps us with troubleshooting advise......

Reactions: ghnl

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Impressive that you joined 5 years ago and just made your first post. Busy flying?.... :)
Looking forward to seeing those as requested pictures. Knowing the colour of your car helps us with troubleshooting advise......
Thank you.
I bought my 1988 white/black interior Spider with 80k miles on it from the original owner 5 years ago in Arlington, VA.
Drove it back to Dallas, non-stopin 20 hours. LOVE the car. Drove carburated Ferraris as daily drivers for 30+ years, sold my euro spec dry sump GTB when prices climbed to ridiculous levels and found this Alfa Spider. Truly the funnest car for driving around town I have had.
Anxious to get my injection/starting problem resolved. Not a "smart" phone guy, so no pics to share now, but will get some taken once it is back together and running..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.