Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

New to all this with a build project on the go for just about a year now, and have found what appears to be an engine block we can use.

The block we need is the short stroke engine 78-80 bore with 67.5 stroke.

I have seen an engine on an Itlaian website for sale but am struggilng to find details.

It is listed as a Monobloc Giulietta Ti 1961-1964 AR129

Could anyone shed any light on this please, I have searche high and low on the web for engine specs and can't find any! In a conversation with Jon Dooley he mentioned the early Giulietta engines had this bore and stroke!

Thanks in advance, Tim

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Tim,

I think you mean the Tipo 116 Giulietta 1300 engine, which had 1357 cc and a bore and stroke of 80x67.5. Not easy to make useable because it has the oil filter in the wrong place and a different sort of crankshaft where you need a custom made flywheel to make it fit. How ever it can be made fit and it will rev to 9000 rpm easily.

·
Administrator
4,030 Posts
Tim

You are confusing the '50's and '60's (750/101) Giulietta engines with the '80's 116 Series Giulietta engines, Sprint 58 is correct, the engine can be made to fit, but it will be expensive. This 116 series engine was given a different bore & stroke, patterned after the short stroke 1300cc GTA motors of the late '60's and early '70's.

In a few years time we will also have to contend with the new 2011 Giulietta's parts also appearing on ebay......imagine the confusion then...

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hallo Greig,

in a few years time? When you search right now for Giulietta at a European Ebay site it is already crowed with the latest model Giulietta parts!

hartelijke groeten,

Erik

1 - 4 of 4 Posts