Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a '75 Spider, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what I have. In looking at
electrical diagrams, the gauges appear to be positioned more like the saloon than the Spider Veloce. Also in searching through photos that I've been able to find, I have not had any luck with figuring out my front bumper and grill.
The grill begins about 1/2" above the bumper, then stops and picks up again beneath the bumper. So far
I have only seen photos of front grills which are continous. Please forgive the ignorance of an Alfa newbie, and
thanks for any help that anyone might offer.
Erwin Gaspin

·
Registered
325 Posts
There are lots of pictures on this website of various model year Spiders...if you can't get a picture uploaded here, maybe show us which looks like yours. Perhaps copy a pic from one of the 20+ cars for sale on Ebay this week.

I'm curious to how your dash is different though...

I've seen people update the Duetto dash to the pod-style but not the reverse...hmmmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey Erwin:

Your car is of the late series 2 spiders. It should have black rubber bumpers. The grill is split to accomodate the DOT mandated bumper change. You center console and dash should be in black plastic. Your bezels on your center guages above the radio should be chrome and face the driver. You speedo should read to 140 and be mechanical. Tach mechanical as well. Both the Speedo and Tach set in big pods. Steering wheel wood Personal.

So if its not that, I would assume its been changed by previous owners. The salon comment you said makes me think that someone swapped a duetto dash into her.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Welcome to AlfaBB Erwin! If you can, please post some pictures of your Spider in the Photo Gallery.

Your bumper/grill set up is correct for model years 1975 through 1982. A lot of Spiders are missing the top portion of the grill. The full grill you mentioned was on model years 1967 to 1974. (U.S. Spiders)

Your dash quandry is intriguing. I'd like to see photos of that too.

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
If it is 115.02 it is a 1972 - 1974 USA 2000, if it is 115.41, it is a 1975 on USA 2000. Euro 2000's and USA 1750's are 105.XX. I'm really curious to hear its Tipo number.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts