Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 67 Duetto. I need a windshield, but can't find one anywhere. Has anybody got a source?

·
Registered
210 Posts
My car is a 67 Duetto. I need a windshield, but can't find one anywhere. Has anybody got a source?
Try Mygrant Glass, they bought Pilkington and can usually identify the correct on.
I worked with Jerry Gaudi, you’ll have to pay through a glass shop. They don’t sell to the public.
[email protected]

cheers

Tbone
66 Sprint GT Veloce

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I have an Excellent Used Windshield for a Duetto. $300. I don't know about shipping. Bob in Astoria Oregon

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have an Excellent Used Windshield for a Duetto. $300. I don't know about shipping. Bob in Astoria Oregon
Hello Bob and thank you for your response.

Your price on the windshield is certainly fair and I would like to buy it if it can possibly be shipped (I live in Southern California). I would be glad to pay for shipping and also some of your time to get it done. Is it possible for you to get me a shipping quote?

If so, I am anxious to hear from you. I won't look further for a windshield until I hear from you. If you can't arrange the shipping, let me know, and thank you for your game-saving response to my post.

Jim Shea

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Centerline lists them, but they show as out of stock.

Mr. FIAT lists them:

Hello Brian. Once again I must thank you for your response to my inquiry. It is good to know a windshield can still be obtained, albeit an expensive one.

Stay safe and well.

Jim Shea

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try Mygrant Glass, they bought Pilkington and can usually identify the correct on.
I worked with Jerry Gaudi, you’ll have to pay through a glass shop. They don’t sell to the public.
[email protected]

cheers

Tbone
66 Sprint GT Veloce
Hello and thanks for taking the time to offer help. I had previously contacted Mygrant. They told me they were wholesale only. They also did a search of their U.S. inventory and said they had no windshields available for a Duetto. A very helpful person there said the item could be "special ordered" through a glass shop and they would see what they could do. I don't know what that means, but it sounded time consuming and expensive. I will e-mail Mr. Gaudi and see what he says.

Thanks again,

Jim Shea

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Shipping a Windshield is very Dicy. Because of the fact that they need to be shipped in a crate or something, which also means " Freight" Shipping, (fairly expensive). I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to help you. This Windshield I have is Pick-up only. Regards, Bob

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello and thanks for taking the time to offer help. I had previously contacted Mygrant. They told me they were wholesale only. They also did a search of their U.S. inventory and said they had no windshields available for a Duetto. A very helpful person there said the item could be "special ordered" through a glass shop and they would see what they could do. I don't know what that means, but it sounded time consuming and expensive. I will e-mail Mr. Gaudi and see what he says.

Thanks again,

Jim Shea
Like I said, contact Jerry. he knows how to look for these in the pilkington/mygrant books. He let me pay through glass shop and pickup at mygrant warehouse, there's many around the country so there'll likely be one near you .
Do you have pilkington part number?, I saw it listed in web.
Tbone

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Like I said, contact Jerry. he knows how to look for these in the pilkington/mygrant books. He let me pay through glass shop and pickup at mygrant warehouse, there's many around the country so there'll likely be one near you .
Tbone
My new Corona puppy Cassie

·
Registered
210 Posts
My new Corona puppy Cassie
Tbone
here is the original pilkington part numbers which should cross reference to Mygrant , I believe all Alfa’s started with an A..
2010ALFA ROMEO GIULIA 1600 TZ DUETTO/SPYDER (1966-1970)

·
Registered
306 Posts
It's a total PITA to ship windshields. A suggestion would be to construct a frame 1 X 2 and panels-corregated plastic gator sign stuff. Pre drill the holes and break it down and ship the container flat and mail to the seller-all he has to do is wrap the glass- put an old pillow or two in for stuffing and reassemble the box. Shipping on Grayhound is safer than UPS. Allow a minimum of 2 inches all around for padding, stuffing etc

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
Use U-Ship. I sold an NOS GTV-6 windshield on here recently and the buyer arranged for U-Ship to pick it up and deliver it to them. It got there just fine. U-Ship dealt with the packaging.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
I checked out a windshield from Mr FIAT. Glass pretty costly. Shipping and insurance $130 conus. Said he used expanding foam I think in card board box. Said no problem.

K

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shipping a Windshield is very Dicy. Because of the fact that they need to be shipped in a crate or something, which also means " Freight" Shipping, (fairly expensive). I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to help you. This Windshield I have is Pick-up only. Regards, Bob
Bob, thanks for the reply. At this point, I think I am condemned to look elsewhere. Another member suggested an organization called U-ship, which I will look into. If it works out, I will contact you again to see if the windshield is still avaiable.

Jim

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

here is the original pilkington part numbers which should cross reference to Mygrant , I believe all Alfa’s started with an A..
2010ALFA ROMEO GIULIA 1600 TZ DUETTO/SPYDER (1966-1970)
Just sent an email to Jerry. Hoping for the best.
Use U-Ship. I sold an NOS GTV-6 windshield on here recently and the buyer arranged for U-Ship to pick it up and deliver it to them. It got there just fine. U-Ship dealt with the packaging.
Hello Jim. Per your suggestion, I got quotes from U-Ship. As you said, they can handle everything, but they are expensive (at least for a shipment from Astoria Oregon to Los Angeles). Cheapest was $600. Most were over $700. Trying to guess why, I believe it is because Astoria is remote (at least 2.5 hr drive northwest from Portland). Thanks for the suggestion anyway. It is good to know people care enough to think about the problems others have.

Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts