Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear BB memebers:

I'm seeking all helps regarding my recent experience as below:

My Milano Gold suffered a minor frontal collision in mid April resulting in damages as shown in the attached pic. It was a 25mph impact but because of the fiberglass bumper the car looked kinda nasty.

The insurance found me no-fault for this accident, wrote my car as salvage, and paid me the full insured value under collector car policy. I bought a scrap Milano locally for parts and sent my car to a body shop, all it needed was some Evo pieces which I had to order from Italy.

Fellow BBer GTV6PASSION was selling Evo kits in this thread:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=37992 so I contacted him in late April and on May 25th I finally paid the price + ocean freight from Italy after he confirmed all the arrangements. The quoted estimated delivery was about 4 weeks.

GTV6PASSION stopped coresponding after 06/06; on 06/26 I opened a PayPal dispute in order to call his immediate attention. He phoned me shortly afterwards, telling me that PayPal had restricted his account access and ensured me that my order was shipped on 06/14. My intention was not to hold up someone's money but merely to get a response, so I lifted the PayPal dispute.

The seller again stopped communication since 06/29. Now 6 weeks from the allegedly departure date, no Evo parts, no email, no phone answered...

I had repeatedly stressed to this BB member GTV6PASSION that my car is being restored and could lose its total value if the Evo pieces are scam. I actually would rather let him keep the money as long as he didn't waste my time. In my case it's not a $900 loss due to some body kit scam, but potentially a $$$$$ loss of a complete car!

Ocean freight forwarders almost always have a local broker to notify the cargo recipient of departure and arrival. No local broker ever contacted me. I even emailed Lester Italy directly, and their reply was no order found under this BBer's name: Sebastiano Caltabiano.

At the present I'm calling fellow BBers especially those in the New Jersey and New York areas for help & advice. The seller's cell phone number is 718-2078458. Every time I called, it was his voice message. All I want to hear from him is whether my order is real or scam -- if it's a scam, fine, let me know so at least I can start buying from someone else and waste no more time on an otherwise perfect Milano sitting in a body shop for 3 months now.

Meanwhile, anyone with an Evo kit or those pieces I need, please PM or email me with your very best BBer price:rolleyes:

Thank you all for reading this.

Attachments

·
Registered
787 Posts
gee hope you do get your stuff! from his advert it sounds like he is doing it through his work. did you get a receipt from his work? if it were me i would try contacting him at his work...shouldnt be to hard to track down

good luck :eek:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I would re open the Pay Pal dispute before the time runs out. It may be your only fall back.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would re open the Pay Pal dispute before the time runs out. It may be your only fall back.
Unfortunately PayPal allows only one chance of dispute within 45 days of payment. I totally trusted this member and it was not my intention to hold his money but rather to call for some attention.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Oh that's too bad. I had a similar thing happen on Ebay and when the seller cried about the dispute I said "When it gets here I'll close dispute". Item did not make it in time and I got a refund, then item shows up. I paid again, no biggie.

I really hope your kit comes in, it could just be hung up in transit. I have my fingers crossed for you.

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Yiminlu, contact me via PM

Yiminlu,

Hate to say it but I've got issues with this seller/BB member for different issues. If you need additional contact info contact me via PM and I will gladly share what I have concerning this member.

·
Out of the office!
11,619 Posts
I only use Paypal to make payments using a credit card. Paypals dispute resolution is a PITA and not worth the effort. Any time I have an issue with a seller, I just contact my credit card company. One phone call and it's handled.

It sounds to me that you are not going to get what you paid for from this guy. So, start searching for the replacement parts and get you car back on the road.

I am a member of the Nikonians Forum. They have a sticky that lists users that have ripped off other users. It is maintained by one of the admins. Personally, I think this is something that works.

Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Speaking of Evo body kits, there must be some kind of curse on the stuff :( I've been trying to buy the Evo kit plus a GRP hood and trunk lid from different places in Europe and got no answer after mailing these people 3 times each!!:mad: Don't know what the hell to make of it! If they don't have the stuff, they should NOT advertise!
[email protected]
[email protected]@alpha-composites.co.uk
[email protected]
Sorry about your experience; sadly many of us have similar scams to report...
Jim K.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was going to take the plunge and order an EVO kit off this BB member, but I did not like his reply in one of the messages he sent me. Hence the recent post I made asking if anyone had received anything from any of the EVO "suppliers" that posted on this board.

I feel really bad for you yiminlu, both in regard to the accident and now this ripoff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to hear about your bad news yiminlu.

If this member has this kind of history why is he still allowed to be a member of this great site?

Not *****ing just the way i see it.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I had had an aluminum radiator made about the same time as his post, as courtesy, I did not post that I had a prototype made, but now that this is out, I have a good source for them. Not to steal the thread, this almost sounds like a replay of Caribou that ripped everyone off, including me... Always had an excuse, something got backordered, someone had cancer, he would make a call... This is such a small community, the scammers won't get too many, but I hate to be one of the ones they do get...

·
Registered
422 Posts
A reply is all this guy wants but GTV6Passion won't even do that?! People like him are losers, theives, and pigs. I sure hope your kit shows up but Sebastiano better find out where it is fairly quickly. I would not hesitate to find out which Nissan dealer he claims to be a finance manager at and call them.
I hope you get a response. :mad:

·
Out of the office!
11,619 Posts
This is too funny. I googled sebastiano2424 and sebby2424 as these are both nicknames he uses. I got a hit here:

http://www.singlesbycity.net/American_Singles/New_Jersey/Jobstown.htm

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SEBBY2424: 44-year-old, Straight, Single Male from Jobstown, New Jersey, United States

Photo Not Available
Seeking: Straight Female, 39-49 years old
Interest: Dating

PASSIONATE,ROMANTIC FUN PERSON
I AM A VERY PASSIONATE,SENSUAL,ROMANTIC,FUN PERSON SEEKING THE SAME IN A WOMAN

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for all the prompt helps. This really is a wonderful forum despite maybe a couple scammers. I've been inactive here for quite a long time mostly due to the accident. So many uncertainties: first was whether to save this Milano, and next how to save it, locate a parts car, and eventually fall into an Evo scam...

PayPal's latest word is they will still note this transaction and monitor the seller's future activities. Although I won't get a PayPal refund, at least let's hope this seller does not rip more people off by using this particular PayPal account.

My MasterCard issuer is meanwhile starting a dispute procedure for me. Chances of loss recovery remains unsure though.

Like I always emphasized to this Sebastiano: ultimately it's not the $1000-worth of Evo pieces that concern me the most, but the total value of my car. My immensely upgraded Milano was insured under special collector car policy, and the damages to it are not too severe. What upset me the most is someone giving me false promise of parts, wasting 3 months of my time, all for a mere $1000? It's not like I have a running Milano waiting for some fancy upgrade. My car is in need of repair the sooner the better, if the shop starts fixing other things without the bumpers, etc, that's a lot of extra labors...

·
Premium Member
9,741 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts