Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install the horizontal B pillar trim piece and horseshoe C pillar trim piece but things are not lining up. How far forward or back should the horizontal trim be? It seems no matter the position, the rear interior panel wont line up with the channel in the lower half of the chrome, either. Apparently I am missing something obvious. There was metal repair done close to the C pillar and I'm wondering if the body shop neglected to file down the top edge to level? (I have the headliner piece temporarily pulled away so I can analyze a little easier).
20200624_160048.jpg
20200624_160020.jpg
20200624_155950.jpg
20200624_155947.jpg
20200624_160017.jpg

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
The photo below shows the alignment of the interior horizontal trim at the B pillar.

Your photo shows the “C” shaped trim piece to connect the upper and lower trim pieces. I don’t see the flat “C” shaped backing bracket that helps to clamp the upper, lower and “C” trim pieces together. Do you have that piece?

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The photo below shows the alignment of the interior horizontal trim at the B pillar.

Your photo shows the “C” shaped trim piece to connect the upper and lower trim pieces. I don’t see the flat “C” shaped backing bracket that helps to clamp the upper, lower and “C” trim pieces together. Do you have that piece?
Thanks for the pic. Do you have a larger version? I only have the backing plate for one of the 2 sides... I am planning on making the other one.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I don't know if this photo will show up big enough, but if you can zoom in you can see that the "C" piece only intersects with the upper part of the horizontal trim, not the lower part. Also, I kinda think the front edge of your horizontal piece may have been trimmed at some point, the shape doesn't look quite right to my eyes, it should have a notch shape to it that partially overlaps the long vertical trim piece that runs all the way down the B-pillar and door jam.
trim.jpg

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for the pics. Very helpful. Question: does the C clip screw go into the C pillar, or only into the C clip backing plate?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey all, looking at this backing plate I have, I can't imagine it is original. Dimensions are not even with C clip and there is no hole for a screw to pass through... Anyone have a picture of an original backing plate? If not, I'm sure i can craft a solution.
20200626_205228.jpg
20200626_205216.jpg
20200626_205208.jpg

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just struggled with this myself the other day. The trim at the bottom of the window should go further forward, it has a dip in it to compensate for the b-pillar sheet metal. And the lower lip should match your vinyl/leather trim.

Then to get the small C shaped piece on I had it loosely installed on the two adjoining trims, took a screw driver, and bashed the C piece inward (with the rubber handle of the screwdriver) right into place! It forces the other pieces of trim to line up perfectly!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Anyone have a pic of an original backing plate for a c clip? I've made a couple ultra simple ones that are functional out of thin metal but I was curious what they are supposed to look like. Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts