Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I noticed the metal part shown in the pictures below in the drain pan that I use for oil changes. It must have been covered in thick oil when I last used the pan and I didn't notice it. Looking back on the past few uses of the pan, the part appears to have come from either my 1300 Super or a 2L engine that I bought and am rebuilding. FWIW, the Super is running fine, so I suspect the spare engine was the source.

Can anybody tell me what this is?

Attachments

·
1966-2013
13,741 Posts
Timing chain tensioner adjustment lock plate.
It's the bit that the bolt on the front of the head goes into to wedge the gear in place once its set.

EDIT:
Pic supplied by Vintre:

P# 1315.30.041 in this schematic:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You guys are great.

Somehow this must have dropped out when I was disassembling the engine.

Thanks!

·
Registered
what part?
10,255 Posts
that's the part that bobhalfa droped, how did it get into your motor???:):)

·
Registered
18 Posts
In progress of putting the head back on my car, I read this post and in particular looked at the scanned timing chain tensioner diagram above and noticed I am missing 3 components: nut 2120.20072, funny bent washer 1315.30.009 and round washer 1315.26.017. All I have are the tensioner, spring and adjustment lock plate w. corresponding bolt.

What am I missing with that nut, funny bent wing nut washer and standard round washer?

thanks,
Paul
82 spider

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Although the pic does not show it very clear, the three parts you mention are for the camshaft sprocket (the grayed out gear on the right of the pic), not the chain tensioner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for your insight - you've saved me immeasurable grief.

Ahm.. now I've dropped a small washer from a cam tower nut into the pan, via the timing chain galley. Am I correct I could leave it in there for a few weeks until I have time to drop the pan, as the oil sump inlet screen should keep it out of the engine? Thanks to all again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts