Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a bunch of stuff for my racing car (69 GT) project, and had these incuded in the the box (they where described as reverse joints) :

I have no idea how they fit? can anyone shed some light or have more information on these items (in the foreground)

:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just what I needed

Thanks just what I needed

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will this 'Bump stop' part function ok by itself or does it need the other parts as sold by alfaholics in a kit?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
It's used to flip the fitting of the lower balljoint "upside down". This lowers the car without mucking up the natural angle of the wishbones so corrects the roll centre back to the correct place even with the car lowered. It also moves the bottom balljoint forward allowing you to dial in more castor.

A side effect is that the geometry of the steering arms will now be incorrect so as the suspension compresses the wheel will steer slightly. This is called "bump steer". To correct this, the kit includes two Rose (or Heim) jointed outer track rods, with different length mounting pins. You can see the outer one in JC's picture above, see how long it is? The inner one is normal length.

This is the adjustment for the bump steer so ideally you'll need these two track rods too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Geez, you guys are clever. Thanks again, love alfaholics!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts